Fitbit climb badges

Options
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to activate the climb feature by chance? I wanna earn a badge lol.
Ty

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    As in the number of floors climbed? Mine does that automatically. Maybe go to fitbit.com, find the notifications option and make sure you have that 'on?'
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It should do that automatically. It uses changes in atmospheric pressure to calculate, and 10 feet = 1 flight of stairs. So there was a day, for example, that I hiked over 3 small mountains and got my 200 floors badge because Fitbit uses elevation change... you don't technically have to do stairs, but can walk uphill and achieve the same results.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    gurtling wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to activate the climb feature by chance? I wanna earn a badge lol.
    Ty

Does your fitbit have an altimeter?
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It also can be wacky....I was walking some this weekend....no hills at all and it gave me 50 flights on Saturday and 40 on Sunday. I might have gone up and down 10 a day...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You have to have one of the FitBits that tracks that. Not all do.

Mine is confused by my gym and gives me tons of flights of stairs whenever I work out on the 2nd floor. Drives me crazy. All the classes are held on the 2nd floor and the cardio machines are up there... :(
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Mine is confused by my gym and gives me tons of flights of stairs whenever I work out on the 2nd floor. Drives me crazy. All the classes are held on the 2nd floor and the cardio machines are up there... :(

Multi-story gyms I've visited (and it has been quite some time) have higher than 10 foot ceilings. If it is a tall "floor," then it could easily be 2-4 floors based on Fitbit's 10 foot per floor.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Multi-story gyms I've visited (and it has been quite some time) have higher than 10 foot ceilings. If it is a tall "floor," then it could easily be 2-4 floors based on Fitbit's 10 foot per floor.

I get that I would get a floor or 2 from walking up the steps but I get like 40-60 floors just while I'm up there. Not doing ANY elevation.

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    bkthandler wrote: »
    It also can be wacky....I was walking some this weekend....no hills at all and it gave me 50 flights on Saturday and 40 on Sunday. I might have gone up and down 10 a day...

Mine gave me a badge for 25 flights of stairs this morning ~ I don't have any stairs! lol

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I get that I would get a floor or 2 from walking up the steps but I get like 40-60 floors just while I'm up there. Not doing ANY elevation.

Which one do you have? I have the Surge, and there is a glitch with that one that can be resolved by restarting it. To do this, hold down the left and the bottom right buttons until the screen fades completely to being blank, wait a few seconds, then press the left button to turn it back on.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Mine gave me a badge for 25 flights of stairs this morning ~ I don't have any stairs! lol

Did you walk outside where there were any elevation changes? Small changes in elevation can easily be missed. Otherwise, see my comment above about the Surge if that is what you have.
  • BeLightYear
    Options

Did you walk outside where there were any elevation changes? Small changes in elevation can easily be missed. Otherwise, see my comment above about the Surge if that is what you have.

Nope, same walk and drive to work I do every week day. My Charge HR just randomly tells me I have climbed flights of stairs. And when I did go up and down my basement stairs one day, it didn't show any flights at all! No biggie, I think it is funny.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Nope, same walk and drive to work I do every week day. My Charge HR just randomly tells me I have climbed flights of stairs. And when I did go up and down my basement stairs one day, it didn't show any flights at all! No biggie, I think it is funny.

If you have the Charge HR, it could be a firmware issue (MFP linking not working): community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Incredibly-High-Floor-Count/m-p/614383/highlight/true#M2230
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Your stair counter is not reading altitude directly but reading changes in air pressure. When the airpressure changes enough to signify an increase of 10 feet you get 1 stair.
    Unwanted changes in air pressure can come from several things. A heavy cloud blowing over, an approaching storm, one window open in the car ( that buffing sound you get), walking in front of a fan, to name a few.

Interesting!

Thank you for the link, it IS the Charge HR having the issues. At least the calorie count seems good.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The One tracks stairs, but if you go up two steps at a time it only gives you half as many flights.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Mine adds flights of stairs too. Mine also counted steps while I was petting my dog the other day. I love the information mine gives me but they aren't 100% accurate!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    The One tracks stairs, but if you go up two steps at a time it only gives you half as many flights.

No, it is based on elevation changes so it will give you the same number of floors regardless of whether you take big steps or small steps.

The day that I had over 200 flights of stairs, I did not climb up a single actual stair step. It was hiking over small mountains. Since 1 flight is calculated as 10 feet, it used my >2,000 foot elevation gain as 200 flights of stairs.