Does your mind catch up with your new body?

Options
2»

Replies

• nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this quite a bit. I was folding laundry the other day in front of my fiancé and I held up a pair of work pants and I said out loud oh no! I accidentally shrunk my pants! He said no babe those look fine to me. Tried them on and they fit just fine. Pshh I really wish my brain would catch up to my weight loss. I'm not at a point where the compliments/comments annoy me, but when people call me skinny I silently laugh to myself because I still want to lose 25 more pounds and after 45 pounds already lost, I feel like me looking "skinny" is not yet achieved.
  • ktkp
    ktkp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33ish pounds so far. I just can't get my mind to catch up with my body. I'm glad I have some pictures (the very few I didn't delete) of before. I didn't start tracking with pictures until I had already lost 20 pounds. I guess I was just too ashamed to even look at the size I had become. I have my fiance take pictures of me every 3 months now. Same outfit, same pose, same location. This is long enough apart to get me see some serious changes.

Besides the pictures, I don't really notice that I've changed that much. I'm still not completely happy with my size (Still want to lose another 30lbs). I also find myself wearing clothes that are still 3 times too big. I bought a couple pairs of jeans that actually fit but if I bounce back even 1 pound (water weight most likely) then I tell myself I don't deserve to wear them because they won't fit. I'm also so surprised when i fit into "mediums" because I've been wearing larges for so long. My head keeps telling me that when I look like what I want to look like, when I'm much smaller, even then what I've already achieved, that's when I'll deserve to wear cute, smaller clothes.

I like when people give me compliments but sometimes I don't know if they're lying because I don't notice the changes that much myself. It's crazy but I seriously don't believe people when they tell me I'm looking great and that I've lost weight. Maybe I'm still in denial myself.

It's so hard to have a positive body image when it's been negative for so long. I know my body will never be perfect and it can only ever be better today then it was yesterday. I just hope someday that better is good enough for me to be happy with myself.
  • deannasimon2
    deannasimon2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like that, better today than yesterday....I will remember that!
  • jennaatsuad
    jennaatsuad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Xpecta wrote: »
    My mind hasn't caught up. I'm down 60 pounds and I don't see it AT ALL! Unless I compare the pictures. But I'm basically still wearing the same clothes (Though they're more loose) and in the mirror I just can't see it. Also, no one else does. So I don't hear any comments at all. I would love to start hearing that I've made progress after all my hard work. Oh well.. Maybe after the next 60?

I've been here - several years ago I lost 50 pounds and no one made any comments until I went and bought new clothes that actually fit. Loose clothes hide a lot of the work you've done (and I'm guessing they're REALLY loose after 60 pounds), and people probably can't see the results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!