Walking=Miles

Options
Wondering how do you track miles with walking, ty!!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you have any technology available? These days, MapMyRun will figure out how many miles a route is.

Or you wear a step counter. The fancy step counters also give you the miles.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    There are some websites that track it with manual input, and phone apps you can find for walking/running abound. Even though I'm walking I use Zombies, Run! for mine since it has GPS tracking or an accelerometer (and I get to build a post apocalypse base to survive zombies).
  • millie0703
    millie0703 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually use "runtastic". It actually links to Myfitnesspal and updates your exercise automatically.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Calories in/out are all estimates. So, pick something that is reasonable and go with it. If after three or four weeks, you aren’t seeing the results you expect, tweak your estimates going forward.

I weight 217 lbs, I log about 100 calories per mile. I’ve created two walking exercises (4.0 mph and 3.5 mph). The calories estimated for each walk then calculate out at 400 per hour and 350 per hour respectively. Your mileage will vary.

ETA, re-reading your post and some of the responses. I have a few different apps that help me track my mileage (runkeeper, etc.).
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use www.mapmywalk.com on my smart phone. You can also make up routes on your PC to get mileage maps to make the route on par.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use geodistance.com
    Map out the way I walked, when I get home. Then it tells me the distance. And I know my walk speed then based on however long I walked for too
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a route I use, i drove it once and used my car's tripometer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    You can use Google Maps to map it out.

Or pick up a pedometer from your local department store for a few dollars.