After Dinner Snacks

Options
OK so I've heard everything. Don't eat after 7pm, eat after 7pm just make sure you stay under your calorie goal... If you eat after 7pm don't eat carbs and not even fruit because they contain sugar. Watch your sugar! Watch your fat intake! Ahhhhh! What to do! Answers please!! Particularly about snacking after dinner. Thank you! :)

Replies

• HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, when you want, within your goals with a scientific approach. For me, snacking is out. I do eat some high protein item like an egg or cheese before bed in order to sleep all the way through the night without waking up hungry.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I Usually have something between 8 and 10 pm. Tonight an ice cream sandwich and some cantaloupe. Last night was a slice of turtle cheesecake. I have lost 6.5 pounds since joining MFP at the end of march and 10 since I started counting calories which was about a week before that a (so about 4 weeks total now). It does not matter that much what you eat as long as it is within your calorie allowance. Keep in mind that I have a lot to loose so it is coming of fairly fast for now.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    tall blonde.... about 40 years old... smells like suntan lotion..... with a huge smile......
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat a good portion of my calories after supper--it is when I like to eat. As long as you are still eating at a deficit, time of day should not affect weight loss. Many people choose to stop eating in the evening because they tend to make bad choices late at night. However, do what works for you and is sustainable in the long haul.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    MegM128 wrote: »
    OK so I've heard everything. Don't eat after 7pm, eat after 7pm just make sure you stay under your calorie goal... If you eat after 7pm don't eat carbs and not even fruit because they contain sugar. Watch your sugar! Watch your fat intake! Ahhhhh! What to do! Answers please!! Particularly about snacking after dinner. Thank you! :)

I loooooove Stauffer's Animal crackers
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I always allow myself room for 6 oz of sliced apples and a cup of Greek yogurt every night
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    After dinner, I have a low cal yogurt. If I've got a few extra calories to play with, I might put some sort of topping on the yogurt or have a bit of fruit with it.

I usually eat that after 9:30 pm.
  • SpaceKayakRobot
    Options
    I might do a banana or yogurt on a good day. On bad days a slice of cheese or hummus.