TDEE can this be right?

Options
just a quick question. I've calculated me TDEE on a couple different sites and it's coming up as 2600 + calories. I also breastfeed and have read and been told that I'm probably burning around 300 calories/day producing milk. So this would put my TDEE at around 2900. Is that accurate? It feels like it's quite high.
Thanks!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing what activity level you selected and what your regular activity/daily life is like.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Also keep in mind these are just estimators and meant to be a starting place.

And yes, 300 calories is common value for producing milk if your baby is not exclusively feeding.

I am currently nursing, not exclusive, and my TDEE would be about there. I also run, bike and swim on an almost daily basis. Sometimes two workouts per day.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well I live on a farm and fork hay to 120 sheep twice a day. Chores take me about 2 hours everyday and involve forking hay and carrying 30 pound pails all over the place. I'm a sweaty mess at the end. Lol. So I selected "5-7 hours week strenuous exercise" do you think that would be correct? Or should I have selected less? My daughter is exclusively breastfed.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Try it and see how it goes.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Give it a whirl for a couple of weeks and adjust as needed.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    ^ what they said. It doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Give it a few weeks, more than 2 or 3, and monitor from there.

I assume that is before a cut, so a 1lb a week goal would put you at about 2400.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'll give it a try for 6 weeks and see what the results are.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well in the summer mine is 2400-2500 so no that doesn't seem unreasonable...