Help with picking healthy menu items!

Options
So a couple of my coworkers and I are going out to eat after work tomorrow. Just got done checking out the bar's menu and I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out what to order. I got want to get a blah boring salad but I also don't want to over indulge. I was looking at the Hummus platter, turkey burger, and some of their salads. Any suggestions? Thanks :)justjakes.com/images/082014_JUST_JAKES_MENU.pdf

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think I would go with the grilled chicken caprese with a salad with light dressing simply because it sounds yummy to me and plenty of water to drink. Or crab cakes, if I didn't care about calories! The hummus platter may have more calories than you think because of the oil and chickpeas, plus the pita chips may be higher in calories.

If you don't normally go out to eat with friends, I would choose something delicious to eat and savor every bite. I would try to eat a little lighter throughout the day and exercise to give myself some extra calories for dinner. Sometimes I will "bank" calories through the week to have some for a dinner out with friends, but I try not to go too crazy on what I eat.

Hope you have a great time with your friends!