finding it hard

Options
this is my second day back on a diet....well ive already gone over my 1200 calories im finding it hard to stay in the bracket i refuse to give up coffee as ive lost weight once and never changed my coffee intake...

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Why would u give up coffee? I dont get why people think coffee is a problem
  • sonsha60
    sonsha60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, tomorrow is another day, stay strong!
  • ryokinai
    ryokinai Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends. What does your diet generally consist of?

Basically:
    - Eat more foods with water in them, so vegetables, fruit, even soup.
    - If you love your coffee then go ahead, but are you also drinking more water or tea to help fill you up? It sucks to hear it over and over again but it really does help.
    - You can also see about getting some fiber tablets to take with your meals. The ones I had were low in sugar and kinda chalky but effective.
    - Oh, and spread your meals out. I would have whatever kind of meat with a salad or something, then have a piece of fruit in an hour.

Dress up your fruit too so it tastes even better.
    Here's one of my favorites: Strawberry Sorbet
    I've used this recipe once a week for over a month and I'm about to whip up another one in a few minutes here. Soo yummy!

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on what you are cutting back on, add veggies to your days such as summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, egg plant, green beans, leafy greens.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2-3 cups of coffee a day ... black, of course. :) No calories in that, or very, very little.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with coffee! I don't take mine with sugar but I do put maybe two teaspoons of half and half in - inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

I'd never give up grinding beans in the morning - the smell alone is worth the ritual!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, don't give up coffee. Nothing wrong with it.

Perhaps you've set your goals too strict? How much of a weekly weight loss did you use? Try 0.5 or 1 lb/week of loss and see whether that gives you a higher daily calorie allotment. You can always change it when you've gotten used to calorie counting.
    As stated above, adding veggies to your day allows you to eat more and stay within your calorie goals.
    Don't give up. It takes awhile to find your personal balance; you can do this.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up to fail by imposing an unsustainable rate of weight loss for yourself. Ease into it, cut things out one at a time and introduce healthy habits. Don't beat yourself up so much.