24 day cleanse?

Options
Has anyone tried it and seen good results?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Nope. There is absolutely no reason to do a "cleanse".
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    try eating frozen mint peas

its not a cleanse but they taste good and might distract you from unproven idea like cleanses and detoxes
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are goals? There is nothing beneficial about cleanses as our body has a natural ability to cleanse itself (a function of the kidney's and liver).
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 25?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I cleanse 2 to 3 times a day - first 2 is when i poop third one is when I sweat - been doing it for years - really works!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    No because it's useless. Cleanses and detoxes are not needed and can be dangerous. There's no quick fixes, no gimmick will replace hard work.
    Is that you in your profile pic? If so, you look fine already.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What happens on day 25?

You get admitted to the hospital for malnourishment.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What happens on day 25?

... that's when you have a nervous breakdown and go mental on food you have deprived your organism for the previous 24 days!

• solivera87
    solivera87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt do a 24 day cleanse. But once in a while i drink a "poopy tea" and trust me...thats enough cleansing!! :#
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight, but it probably wont be fat and it wont stay off. As soon as you start eating normally, even if it's gradual you will gain it back. It's just a fad.
  • theatp
    theatp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is a fad, however I think that for some people doing a program like that can reset the mind and body and decrease cravings. I did the Advo care cleanse at one point, and I felt really great afterward. I am going to be starting the 10 day cleanse tomorrow. I will still be eating enough calories and exercising, but I am hoping that the program makes me conscious of increasing my water intake and getting back to a cleaner diet.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    What happened to the sticky about detox cleanses?

This will do:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

Short answer: No.

You can't reset your metabolism. You can't kick start your fat burning. Food is not 'clean' or dirty. Stop wasting your time and get serious about weight loss the scientifically proven way.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    kaassiia wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it and seen good results?

You mean like standing in a shower for 24 days straight?