MILITARY DIET.

Options
Have you ever heard of the MILITARY DIET ? Well really, its a three day diet and then four days eating better, lose up to 10 pounds in a week.. Unhealthy i know, but great before a wedding or somesort. http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/ and then you have the four days off http://themilitarydiet.com/four-day-off-menu-plan-for-the-military-diet/ :) Tell me your honest opinions?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This diet is nothing to do with the Military

and is a stupid manipulation of water weight through a VLCD

it is a waste of your time

feel free to search on the term http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=military+diet&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    when I was in the military my diet was about 2500-3000 calories a day....maintained due to lots of physical activity...that link yah no.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    when I was in the military my diet was about 2500-3000 calories a day....maintained due to lots of physical activity...that link yah no.

Agreed, I also ate quite a lot of calories in the army.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy, and still you promote it. Reported.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    @Kommandevaran thats why i was ASKING your opinion, not to report it .
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    IMO, it looks a little nauseating. I mean, yeah, I don't like many of the foods in the plan, but with the exception of some meals, it all looks terribly bland. The lack of colors and spice would probably lead me to feel dissatisfied.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It's falsely advertised as the "military diet." It really has nothing to do with the military at all.

It is considered a very low calorie diet, which is unhealthy. You basically starve for 3 days and lose a bunch of water weight from a depeletion of glycogen stores. At the end of the 3 days, you've learned nothing about eating in moderation, and you're so hungry that you basically let loose on day 4. You will most likely end up gaining everything back (and then some).

Better option: set MFP to a reasonable loss goal, eat those calories, move more, and lose slower over a longer time, and then you'll learn how to eat in moderation and not starve.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    Options
    I just finished breakfast and i feel full.. I'm okay with it so far :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the search function? Using it would show how we've all heard of this diet that lies about a linkage to the military in order to give itself some validity in the mind of potential victims ... that it is unsustainable ... that it fails to provide the body with basic nutritional minimums.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OP - you said it!!
    Unhealthy i know
    So having unhealthy eating habits is one of your goals? How very peculiar.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the search function? Using it would show how we've all heard of this diet that lies about a linkage to the military in order to give itself some validity in the mind of potential victims ... that it is unsustainable ... that it fails to provide the body with basic nutritional minimums.

The search function is not a necessary tool on this forum.

This is the only forum on all of the internet I have ever seen that does not promote the use of the search function to reduce redundant and repetitive threads like this one.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    OP - you said it!!
    Unhealthy i know
    So having unhealthy eating habits is one of your goals? How very peculiar.

nowt so strange as folk

20131016-003005.jpg
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Military Diet? You mean you consume 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day and then burn it all off before you go to bed at night? THAT kind of military diet? Anything else is just... well... b.s. And, ANY diet that would encourage you to lose ten pounds in a week is not only stupid it is dangerous and potentially lethal.
    Respect yourself. Love who you are. You need to lose a few pounds and get in better shape? Do it. But not for some special event after which you will just gain the weight back and damage your body a little more each time you do it. You are worth more than that!
    If you are overweight, you didn't get there overnight. You won't get rid of it overnight either. A little sweat and concentrated effort goes a long way. And so does a little self-respect. Consider how you would feel if you DID lose that ten pounds in a week. Assuming you could tell the difference, you'd feel good, right? Then, at the wedding, you'd indulge in the reception dinner and a little wedding cake and the next day (or a few) your ten pounds would be back, bringing a few more. So now you have the ten pound 'overnight' weight loss regain PLUS a two or three pound rebound gain. You now have thirteen pounds to lose. Was it worth it? Definitely not.
    Take your time. Do it right. Do it for the right reasons. Do it for YOU because you deserve it and not just for some brief 'feel good' moment.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »
    Military Diet? You mean you consume 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day and then burn it all off before you go to bed at night? THAT kind of military diet? Anything else is just... well... b.s. And, ANY diet that would encourage you to lose ten pounds in a week is not only stupid it is dangerous and potentially lethal.
    Respect yourself. Love who you are. You need to lose a few pounds and get in better shape? Do it. But not for some special event after which you will just gain the weight back and damage your body a little more each time you do it. You are worth more than that!
    If you are overweight, you didn't get there overnight. You won't get rid of it overnight either. A little sweat and concentrated effort goes a long way. And so does a little self-respect. Consider how you would feel if you DID lose that ten pounds in a week. Assuming you could tell the difference, you'd feel good, right? Then, at the wedding, you'd indulge in the reception dinner and a little wedding cake and the next day (or a few) your ten pounds would be back, bringing a few more. So now you have the ten pound 'overnight' weight loss regain PLUS a two or three pound rebound gain. You now have thirteen pounds to lose. Was it worth it? Definitely not.
    Take your time. Do it right. Do it for the right reasons. Do it for YOU because you deserve it and not just for some brief 'feel good' moment.
    7f9eu0gvlz10.jpeg

• ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

While your earnest desire to keep the site spam free is commendable, don't be too quick to 'pull the trigger'. TrainingToBe's post in no way suggested promoting or advocating anything. There was a question: ["Have you heard of this? (Here's the link)"] Followed by another question: ["What's your opinion?"]
    Pretty straightforward and with no advocacy for any product or program.
    Just sayin'.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    Options
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »

While your earnest desire to keep the site spam free is commendable, don't be too quick to 'pull the trigger'. TrainingToBe's post in no way suggested promoting or advocating anything. There was a question: ["Have you heard of this? (Here's the link)"] Followed by another question: ["What's your opinion?"]
    Pretty straightforward and with no advocacy for any product or program.
    Just sayin'.

Thank you! Thats the whole point of this. Yes i've started it today. I'm going to try it just once, like i said i can't live life like this continuously. And i've realized its unhealthy. But i'm still willing to try 3 days out of 7 on a fad diet. I know its far from what the "MILITARY" eat as well. I mean i know people whom are in the MILITARY but i also can't change the name of this FAD diet. Anywho. I'm welcome to hear any opinons that was the point of my question. Thanks everyone for taking part, and i'm looking forward to the responces. However, feeling the need to report this, was just silly when its only a question :smile:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Since we've established this is unhealthy and unsafe, and people should not do this, I'm closing this topic. Please enjoy the form letter below.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

kgeyser
    MyFitnessPal Moderator