Mindful Eating

Options
So I went to a nutrionist today and she recommended this site.

www.mindfuleating.com

It looks like it has alot of really good information on it. It all seems to be pretty much common sense stuff, but it also seems to be stuff we all forget, especially in our fast paced, multi-tasking society we live in today.

I tried it today for lunch and it really worked! I was full and satisfied... which doesn't happen often! Before today, I seriously can't remember the last time I just sat down and enjoyed my food. I am constantly on the go, and so is my food LOL. I eat as I check email, as I watch TV, in the car, as I do homework or read an assignment. I find it reeeeeally hard to just sit and enjoy my meal with doing anything else. This is what mindful eating is all about.

Anyone else ever heard of this or try it? If so, how did it work?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    So I went to a nutrionist today and she recommended this site.

www.mindfuleating.com

It looks like it has alot of really good information on it. It all seems to be pretty much common sense stuff, but it also seems to be stuff we all forget, especially in our fast paced, multi-tasking society we live in today.

I tried it today for lunch and it really worked! I was full and satisfied... which doesn't happen often! Before today, I seriously can't remember the last time I just sat down and enjoyed my food. I am constantly on the go, and so is my food LOL. I eat as I check email, as I watch TV, in the car, as I do homework or read an assignment. I find it reeeeeally hard to just sit and enjoy my meal with doing anything else. This is what mindful eating is all about.

Anyone else ever heard of this or try it? If so, how did it work?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it and it's really hard for me, being single and on the go a lot too. When I visit family or eat with friends, it's easier to do because you can enjoy the conversation. I still find I'm a very fast eater though.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's pretty much exactly what that show "I can make you thin with Paul McKenna" is all about....it's about eating conciously and realizing when you're full and stopping.
    I did it for over a month and lost 13 lbs over that time and then life got busy and I kinda fell off the wagon lol- I'm trying it again though!
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    It sounds very similar to how I am eating (again)... minus the rock timer. ;-)

When I remember to slow down and put my fork down in-between bites, I truly enjoy my food again. There's no urgency or fear. Pretty interesting stuff. Single bite eating. I put a post on here a couple of days ago about it, but nobody responded to it.