Fear of Burpees!

Options
How do I get over the fear that I'm going to fall on my face? I can't seem to get past the fact that I'm going to faceplant on the floor!

Replies

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Do 'em slow at first (step back one foot at a time). Pause briefly in each position so you get a feel for what's correct. Then start to throw in a couple "real" ones; I bet if you don't have a balance abnormality or weak joints, you'll find it's easier than you think.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Start slower. take it in steps- or do them "elevated" so its' heavily modified.

so two ways.

First way.
    1.)- just bend over and put your hands on the floor.
    2.) step one leg back.
    3.) step the other leg back.
    4.) lower yourself to the ground- fully.
    5.) get back up how you need (inchworm reverse up if you need to- or use your knees)
    6.) step one foot under you
    7.) step the other foot under you.
    8.) optional jump- or squat at the top.

When you're feeling more confident- jump your feet back and step you feet forward- OR step your feet back- and then jump forward- when I get exhausted- jump then step is typically my go to modification.

Second way.
    Use stairs- or a semi elevated surface (a chair that's up against a wall)
    repeat the process above- or just put your hands on the chair and jump back- push up- jump forward- and then up.

and away you go.

But honestly - if you don't like them- you don't HAVE to do them- it's not some sort of right of passage- or best way to get fit- it's just an exercise.