It's working!

Options
Just a small thing but for the past week when I get on the treadmill I noticed that my starting heart rate is 83 now. I was 92 when I started exercising just over a month ago. Have I actually lowered my resting heart rate? I also notice that the my heart rate goes back to normal WAY quicker during my cool down period. When I first started it would take the entire 5 minute cool down to get my heart rate almost back to normal. Now, within the first 3 mins it is coming down to normal. I'm assuming these are all good signs that my body is getting in shape. :smiley:

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its a good idea to record your performance measures, becayse they help you understand where your body is at and how it changes. Nice to see the improvements, it should encourage you that you are making progress. GJ.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yes, those are all great signs!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! sounds awesome!
  • cstorey1976
    cstorey1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's amazing how my focus has changed. Originally I was only concerned about losing the weight then once I hit 30lbs lost I switched my focus to exercise. I still need to lose about 60lbs but I know if I get my body in shape and watch my calories the weight will come off.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing! Its amazing, isn't it?
    I started at the gym 2 months ago at 184 (at 5'3"...not pretty! ) and I couldn't walk more than 2.6 mph, and couldn't put the incline up higher than 2! And by the time I walked through the gym and climbed on the treadmill, my heart rate was already at 115ish. After walking for 15-20 minutes, my heart rate would be up to 180. Seriously out of shape! Last night, I started the treadmill with an incline at 3, heart rate at 90, and speed at 3 mph. I kept the speed the whole time the same, but my incline was up to 15! And my max heart rate for the whole thing was 160! AND I could talk normal the ENTIRE time! It was so easy!

Isn't it great to see such a big difference in such a short period of time?!

Congratulations!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oh, and now I'm down to 161.

23 lbs in 2 months!

I'm sticking to my calories, exercising (almost) daily, and just quit eating regular breads and pastas. I still eat rice, and low carb tortillas, and Ezekiel bread if I want a sandwich. Its amazing!
  • cstorey1976
    cstorey1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I'm doing the same thing! Its amazing, isn't it?
    I started at the gym 2 months ago at 184 (at 5'3"...not pretty! ) and I couldn't walk more than 2.6 mph, and couldn't put the incline up higher than 2! And by the time I walked through the gym and climbed on the treadmill, my heart rate was already at 115ish. After walking for 15-20 minutes, my heart rate would be up to 180. Seriously out of shape! Last night, I started the treadmill with an incline at 3, heart rate at 90, and speed at 3 mph. I kept the speed the whole time the same, but my incline was up to 15! And my max heart rate for the whole thing was 160! AND I could talk normal the ENTIRE time! It was so easy!

Isn't it great to see such a big difference in such a short period of time?!

Congratulations!

It sure is great! Now I am wondering why I didn't get off my butt sooner. :) Congratulations on your loss and achievements. Awesome work!!!