How much weight did you gain over winter?

Options
I didn't do too bad and most everyone I talk to has gained 7-10 lbs.

How about you?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I gain more in the summer - winter has so many low calorie foods (soup, chili, stew), but summer is full of parties! :)

Every year I gain about 3lbs in summer and drop it right after.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I'm with the queen. Summers are so gwad awful hot in Texas, there's not much you can do but have a margarita. It puts a big dent in my outdoor exercise. I can do it, but not with the same intensity.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too bad and most everyone I talk to has gained 7-10 lbs.

How about you?

None. From December 7th to March 1st I lost 5.5 lbs.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs this winter. :smiley:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I've been on a steady weight loss enterprise over the winter and also started running. At the beginning of November last year I was about 209 pounds and today I am 184. That's a 25 pound loss.

I'm pretty sure continued weight loss or maintenance will require constant vigilance.
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Between October and March I put on a stone. Not a happy bunny and finding it difficult to shift it now!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs which is everything I wanted to lose.
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    From Dec 1 to March 1 I lost 6lbs...slower than normal but didn't gain.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Between 12/21 (start of winter, although it feels like winter before that here) and now I lost 5 lb.

Most of that was in January, as I've been maintaining since then.

I usually gain in the winter, though, when I'm not paying attention, as I'm much more naturally active in the other seasons.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I put on between 12-15 this winter. But it was a horrible winter! My first time living at home again after graduating college so the food temptations were there & I couldn't bring myself to commit to the gym. I've lost about 13 of those back though. But I realllllyy was out of control this winter. I usually have a winter gain, but it's half that much. & before summer it's generally gone... With a lot of refocusing & hard work. NEXT WINTER I WILL BREAK THIS CYCLE.
  • fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    From Sept - April I put on 13lbs....not from winter tho - it's from summer vacation ending, and starting up the school year again :/
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    From Dec 10th to April 20th I lost 17.4lbs
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    About 15 lbs gained this fall-winter... :(
    Then joined MFP 30 days ago & have lost 8 of it already :)
    ~35 more to go... And preparing to keep it off this time!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds, but I do live in a place without winter...
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I lost 32lbs from October to March. (Well, 34 actually, but I put a couple back on this month by slacking off on my calorie goal.)

Now I'm trying to lose the last 10. But it's getting tougher now that I'm into spring and my social life keeps getting in the way. But it's all good. :D
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    lost about 12 net.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same which is not ideal, but at least it's not extra to lose.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Zero, this was the first winter season in 10 years that I did not gain weight. My wake up call in the summer was still ringing in my ears at Christmas.

I'd started to run again in the fall and lost a few pounds between then and New Years, not a lot, but not gaining any over the holidays was such a huge boost to my confidence. What a difference that was in making a New Year's resolution I finally knew I'd keep.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone, to the gainers and losers! I absolutely understand it will take constant vigilance for me to keep this weight off too.
  • mxechelon
    mxechelon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained 18.5lbs.. It was a really bad winter :| but I've lost 10 of that already