Hi! I'm looking for a weight loss support group

Hey everyone - I'm Liz and I need to lose the weight that my thyroid problem and PCOS made me gain and I felt too discouraged to lose.

It's hard when you know that the biology is against you and if you slip up once, you'll gain back everything it took you a week to lose. But I'm ready to see results and take back control of my body.

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 516 Member
    Sending friend request. You can do this.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Ezharovs wrote: »
    Hey everyone - I'm Liz and I need to lose the weight that my thyroid problem and PCOS made me gain and I felt too discouraged to lose.

It's hard when you know that the biology is against you and if you slip up once, you'll gain back everything it took you a week to lose. But I'm ready to see results and take back control of my body.

First off, you really need to look at it with a more positive outlook - not that "biology is against me" and "if I slip up once, I'll gain it all back". The last part where you say you want to "take back control" is the RIGHT ATTITUDE! There are lots of people on MFP with thyroid problems and PCOS. I, personally, take a medication where the #1 side effect is weight gain. I am still losing slowly and realize this is a lifetime process. If I do slip up, I get right back in the saddle and don't let it derail me permanently.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you want continued support!