23 years old, 5'2", 143 lbs. 39 pounds lost...

Options
Hi everyone. So I guess being on this new life style makes me feel like I'm on a roller-coaster sometimes, even after 6 months. It's hard to find motivation sometimes and other times... well, it's hard to contain it! I wouldn't change any of what I've gone through but sometimes I do wish I could see a bigger change in myself.

Honestly, even if I try taking progress pictures... I don't see a big difference. I went from being a 182 pound girl to weighing 143 (this morning that was, btw!) and I just don't see my tummy, arms, or legs any smaller. I do feel a huuuge difference in my clothes of course, some of my old clothes fit lose now! And I've gone from a size 15 jeans to a size 10. Why is it that I can't see all this weight off me? My face is still big, as well... and it's just sad to go on pages like my body gallery and see girls my height and weight and them looking slim at this weight already!

Anyone going through the same? Does anyone feel the same?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I do, although I haven't lost as much weight as you yet.

I try to think of it this way to help: They say that you need to lose more weight before the people you see often will notice, as opposed to the people you see less often. This is because we adjust quickly to subtle changes, but a bunch of subtle changes together will be more obvious if you didn't see the between stages.

Since we are our own person, we see ourselves 24/7. We see every single subtle change, even when we're not looking in a mirror. This makes it nearly impossible for us to see changes unless we take pictures and compare only the beginning at the end.