need friends and tips

Options
Hi I'm 5'6, 27 years old and I weigh an even 7 stone. I've always been a small eater, but less active so I would have weighed 8.5 stone in my late teens to mid 20's. Now I have a much more active lifestyle, yet my eating habits haven't changed, so I've lost weight. My bmi is now unhealthy and my face now looks rather gaunt. I'm lookin for high calorie food suggestions and more specifically ways to get good calories in the morning most days I have one slice of toast and a cup of tea, other days I have nothing I just feel as though I cant stomach much in the mornings. Thanks

Replies

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of recent threads about high calorie food options. Check them out. As for the mornings, I'm like you. I don't care for a big breakfast and a bowl of cereal is usually plenty for me. In order to get the calories (since I'm bulking), I've switched to a weight gainer shake in the morn. It does fill me up, but its 600-700 calories compared to the 300 I would get with my bowl of cereal. Also, I now take a mid-morning snack. Before, I ended up with tons of calories still needed at the end of the day. It really helps to spread them out throughout the day. Fortunately, while the first week or two is tough, it gets much easier after that to get enough calories.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I have a shake in the morning and maybe some fruit, I'm not a big morning eater either. Try upping your calories a bit each week and see how you adjust. It's really not hard to hit high calories but you may have to look at the way you view foods and eating.
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For me, eating in the mornings is almost like work so I don't try to load up in the AM. What I do, however, is make up for it at night. I make a shake before bed.
    1.5 glasses of 2% milk
    2 tbls Nature's Balance peanut butter
    3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
    Blended, that's almost 1,200 calories. Tasty, too!
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was doing it all at night as well for a while, but eventually got tired of feeling so bloated when it was bedtime. But, ultimately, calories are what counts when gaining weight. Not necessarily when or how we get them.
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    I was doing it all at night as well for a while, but eventually got tired of feeling so bloated when it was bedtime. But, ultimately, calories are what counts when gaining weight. Not necessarily when or how we get them.

I hear you, there. Sometimes I wake up still feeling a bit full.