Use to be fit, getting back on track.. 2 years overdue

Hi everyone!
I use to be fit when I was 22, I've struggled with my weight all my life, never reaching extreme weight gain but I've yo-yo'd between average weight and being 10-15lbs over weight...I use to be pretty active, riding horses, playing soccer and being a cheerleader in high school (but being that active, I still struggled with being over weight, 5'1" regulating between 135-145lbs, 155lbs being my heaviest) during a depression stage in my early 20's I lost my appetite and starved myself down to about 130lbs and after I over came my depression and started eating again I maintained 130lbs for 2 years at 22 I became depressed again but this time I used exercise as an outlet... The more I threw myself into the gym and at home workouts, eating healthily just became apart of it, I only lost an additional 5lbs but my body became tight and toned all over, I had beginning stages of abs. Having ugly duckling syndrome I had this new found confidence so when I began to get all this attention I slacked from the gym and the healthy eating, began going out all the time, became a bartender where the party life consumed me... I've tried to jump back on the health wagon but never stuck to anything beyond 2 weeks... Now 25, my weight has steadily increased through the years, I found out I was pregnant nov. 2014 and was so excited ( I was born with motherly instinct, and have always dreamed of the day I'd have children) but unfortunately our first ultra-sound appt, there was no heart-beat, our baby had died 6 weeks into the pregnancy, 4 days after finding out the Miscarriage started naturally and I was devastated, so again I slipped into depression, and this time I ate my feelings, I'm at 150lbs and I just need my life back, I know I have it in me to be fit again, happy and healthy... It's just the motivation and support I'm lacking, I need that person to be on my *kitten* about it, that voice saying "hey girl get those thunder thighs in the gym! Those saddle bags and bat wings are gonna go away by themselves" lol harsh sounding I know, but a no-nonsense, let's get down to business attitude is what keeps me on my A-game! I've been trying to stick to healthy eating for about 2 weeks, I've had a few slips, but I'm trying... My only issue with eating so far is I'm hungry 2 hrs after I eat my meals, but I have to stay under 1200 calories.... Any advice? Can anyone relate? Also a workout partner would be awesome, any ideas on how to find one?

Replies

• jmeade1021
    jmeade1021 Posts: 5 Member
    Im kind of in the same boat. I never stick to anything for long and i need that motivation yelling at ne too lol. I post on fb sometimes about working out and i get replies for workout buddies all the time from my friends list. Im a member at the ymca and they have free classes so i went today and made new workout friends there. Was pretty fun.
  • Retta216
    Retta216 Posts: 6 Member
    It sounds like you know what you are doing. It is always the bumps in life that throw us. You will find lots of support and encouragement on this list. It does help to be accountable. I have been here almost a week and feel so much better about my journey.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    I' 5'2" & was in amazing shape in my 20s. I was in a super schlump from 25-32ish and will be 35 this year. I hover around 140 lbs most of the time, but looking at pictures of myself I just find eh. I feel swollen. I tried Weight Watchers but I wasn't utilizing it and found myself eating more processed food than I would like because it was less points. So back to MFP! I have been tracking a week now & trying to be active everyday. I downloaded a step counter app for my phone too. I have my calories set at 1400, because I find 1200 to be too little. I am cranky and I end up starving and I eat crap if I am starving....