145 down and maintained, now time to get going again

Options
See_Reed
See_Reed Posts: 15 Member
This is my first success post, starting in October of 2013, I began using MFP and a fitbit which turned out to be the tools I needed to lose 145 lbs over the next 18 months. Now, after happily maintaining for a little while, I have decided to get back to it. It's been an amazing journey to transition from avoiding a flight of stairs to looking forward to hikes and riding a bike to and from work daily. I couldn't be happier (not necessarily due to the weight loss, but because the weight loss has allowed me to lead a more active and exciting life) and am looking forward to the next stage in life. Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't thank my incredibly supportive friends (especially my diet and exercise consigliere), and my wonderful, loving and supportive fiance. Here are my progress pics:

At 420 lbs:
6lqe1d9hj1kb.jpg

At current weight:
pp2v6t6woa3j.jpg

punily18vmnn.jpg

zbp4jwse28vw.jpg

Replies

• cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Excellent! So what's the best part of the new you?
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You look great- very inspiring :) Thanks for posting and good luck on this next chapter!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And that well groomed beard just makes for extra awesomeness ^_^
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic!
  • See_Reed
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the support. I have to say the best part of the "new me" is the ability to feel more comfortable with myself in public and the freedom that comes with that comfort. I am 6'5'', and at my old weight always felt like I was in someone's way or was being stared at. Finding that comfort has been liberating and allowed me to be much more active.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Awesome transformation! :smile:
  • See_Reed
    Options
    Thanks again. Loose skin is still a bit of a problem, but it has been improving slowly. I have been lucky as it doesn't seem to be as severe as other cases. While maintaining I have been working on building back some muscle and doing some toning with moderate success. It's all ongoing (bluntly I am just happy it is still going!). Happy to answer questions.
  • See_Reed
    Options
    I started with crunches for awhile and lately have been doing/attempting some "core" yoga workouts that a friend swears by. I still have a long way to go, but i felt a strong need to maintain as much strength as I could during the weight loss. Not a huge fan of feeling weak after being the biggest guy in the room for most of my life.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you look friggin awesome. great work.
  • BriannaLeahyJohnson2015
    Options
    Dayum!
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow! Cograts dude!!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and your very handsome!keep
    Up the good work!
  • VOrlando84
    VOrlando84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am working very hard to lose it. What worked for you, more cardio in the beginning or strength training? I am trying to lose 40lbs. Also how many meals a day did you do?
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • cthobaben
    cthobaben Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You've worked hard, and it shows! Amazing job!
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    awesome job buddy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!