What is your motivation to loose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshine4040
    sunshine4040 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to lose so I am healthier and have more energy. I don't feel comfortable with how I look any more, and I want to be able to play with my kids, and do the things I used to do before being chunky became a problem. I want to wear the cute tops, and the jeans, and look good doing it, for my own self image...lol.
  • cbrownmlc
    cbrownmlc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from walking through Walmart. Summer is coming, and they have all their best and cutest clothes on the racks! Nothing that I like is in my size (4x or 5x), which is why I am motivated to lose weight: I want to wear good clothes!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My initial motivation was a health scare. That's a very strong motivator, and it still keeps me going.

As I get more fit and more into the pattern of things, I just can't imagine going back to what I was doing. I feel SO much better being more fit - I sleep better, I'm more productive, I'm more comfortable all the time (better posture and such), and I'm much happier and less self conscious. I think a lot of these benefits would have been there without the weight loss, but of course that helps.

I want to be at a healthy weight and be fit.
  • Charlotte1201
    Charlotte1201 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My #1 reason to lose weight is to be healthy! Each time I walk by a mirror I want to smile at what I see! And I want to be an example for my family to be healthy too!
  • etheridgetracy1
    etheridgetracy1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    #1 Live a healthier life #2 Feel better about myself #3 I have never ever owned a bikini, and lol, I would love to wear one and feel awesome in it, I'm now 45 years old.
  • amyjeanne990
    amyjeanne990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being self conscious! I want to be able to wear whatever I want and feel good about it!
  • marissad304
    marissad304 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just had some professional photos taken for work and (unfortunately) I'm only happy with the ones where my arms are mostly covered. Time to get some muscle back into those bad boys!

PS Feel free to add me and we can support each other :)
  • sakibihabibi
    sakibihabibi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to look good in a bikini
  • kaylamariia
    kaylamariia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of 2, my youngest just 8 weeks old. I want to actually be toned for once, and I promised my husband that I will always and forever be a hot mama!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I put on a few pounds. My suit was tight. My waist (and butt, etc) were a little bigger. I like being a little smaller. I decided it is easier to lose the about 3 - 5 lbs I put on than to wait until it was more. I was also at a weight that is at the higher weight I like myself at, so I thought I'd try the lower weight for awhile and will loose the 8 - 10 lbs and see how it looks.
  • junosunderland
    junosunderland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My motivations are about as vain and shallow as they come-- I wanna wear pretty clothes and look pretty in them! Physically feeling better is quite nice too, but even as large as I've gotten, I've always been fairly active. Looking forward to seeing what I'm truly capable of in the future!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to be healthy. I want to take care of my body the way it deserves it since I want it to carry me through a couple of more decades. Taking care of myself also helps to overcome my depression. Plus, I want to be able to look in the mirror and actually like what I see there.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    It is not fair, but society treats me differently when I put on weight (and I am only really bordering on chubby, I can only imagine how nasty it is for the obese). I do not like how that feels. Despite my odd profile pic, I have a high level corporate job. I fly around the world and attend a lot of meetings and give a lot of presentations. When I am not in shape, I get treated as though I have no discipline in other areas of my life and I get generally overlooked. There seems to be a lazy tag that gets stuck on me, at this weight.

Outside of that, I do not feel as though I belong in this body. I am happiest thin and fit and I want to get back to that.
  • PeanutbutterBang
    PeanutbutterBang Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie! I had what might be considered an emotional meltdown about a year ago and (long story short) exercise turned out to be a fantastic remedy for stress and anxiety. I want to live a happier life, take care of my mental wellbeing, love my body and embrace life in all its beauty. Exercise and clean eating help me with that.
    I'd also love to get physically stronger and drop a few kg if I can. Lacking upper body strength in a big way.
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a 15 month old daughter, i want to be a good, healthy role model for her.

We also want to start trying for another later this year, I want to lose 2 stone before then.

And for vein reasons, I think I look better at a lower weight and I'm happier there. I want to look good on the beach this summer!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - advanced yoga would be easier if I have less middle fat and less total bodyweight to lift in more advanced hand balances.
  • gmilea
    gmilea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am one of the "healthiest" fat folks you will meet. I am not a spring chicken anymore so to keep health problems away I need to loose weight. And I would like tobe around as long as possible to see my kids grow.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Originally it was to be healthy for my family. It hurt my back to give my sons a bath and honestly...Inwas not ready for that. Wanted to become the man I was created to be so I made it happen. Long journey at first but looking back it was just a matter of time and consistency.

Currently I workout to
    Remain healthy and honestly for vain reasons...aesthetics. I'm chasing a good physique. Having clear goals keeps you
    Motivated so DO NOT forget to set new goals once current goals are set.

Remember....Success is only rented...NEVER OWNED...and the rent is do EVERY DAY.

I also workout to inspire. I work with many around helping them improve their health, lifestyle, and fitness...and recently picked up a local client which is rare. I love seeing the
    glimmer of hope in their eyes...the expression they make when they start to BELIEVE! Greatful for the opportunity to inspire...and you guys should to. So pay attention to those around you as you go through your transformation...your "haters" may soon be asking you for advice..
  • mocimerman
    mocimerman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wanna wear rings.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    You guys all have some great means of motivation lets keep going we got this :)