Bottoms Up!

Options
Friday night is my night to have a few drinks, after the kids go to bed. My go to is usually vodka and diet sunkist, but I am looking for something different. What are your favorite drinks that don't contain a ton of calories, or carbs?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a vodka on the rocks, a little dirty with a couple of olives or a glass of wine or a glass of prosecco.
  • lloftus723
    lloftus723 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use to LOVE wine, but haven't had it in years. Is it typically lower in calories? Does one type have less than the other?
  • healthygreek
    Options
    White wine has slightly fewer than red but the higher the alcohol content in the wine, the higher the calories.
  • lloftus723
    Options
    Interesting. I did not know that! Thanks!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan and coke zero, michelob ultra, Busch light, miller light.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Manhattan, martini, mojito, and Tom Collins are all relatively low-cal cocktails. I usually go for beer, though, since it's a bit easier. :smile:
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    White Wine Spritzer! You can use any wine topped with club soda or diet sprite. You can freeze berries to use as ice cubes too!

If you like vodka - Moscow Mules are pretty friendly. Vodka, Ginger Beer and Fresh lime and a personal favorite :)
  • lloftus723
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    Captain Morgan and coke zero, michelob ultra, Busch light, miller light.

Captain is the love of my life...but my worst enemy!
  • lloftus723
    Options
    White Wine Spritzer! You can use any wine topped with club soda or diet sprite. You can freeze berries to use as ice cubes too!

If you like vodka - Moscow Mules are pretty friendly. Vodka, Ginger Beer and Fresh lime and a personal favorite :)

Definitely going to have to try both of these!!!!
  • lloftus723
    Options
    kampshoff wrote: »
    Manhattan, martini, mojito, and Tom Collins are all relatively low-cal cocktails. I usually go for beer, though, since it's a bit easier. :smile:

Love beer, but isn't it relatively high in calories? I'm a coors lover. :/ is there one that is low? I'm new to the calorie counting world.
  • kampshoff
    Options
    lloftus723 wrote: »
    kampshoff wrote: »

Love beer, but isn't it relatively high in calories? I'm a coors lover. :/ is there one that is low? I'm new to the calorie counting world.

I'm a craft beer nerd, so I make the sacrifice for the calories. It's not too bad, though. Mine usually run about 200 cals/12 oz. Your Coors Light will be quite a bit less than that, but for me, that's not worth drinking. :wink:
  • lloftus723
    Options
    Lol hey now!
  • kampshoff
    Options
    lloftus723 wrote: »
    Lol hey now!

Enjoy your 102-calorie Coors Light and pretend I never said anything. :smiley:
  • healthygreek
    Options
    I love Ommegang Rare Vos from Cooperstown New York!
    It's my new favorite-so good!
    195 totally worth it calories!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Brut champagne or prosecco (typically 100 calories per standard 5 oz glass). Love the bubbly. If I have extra calories, I will go with a heartier red like Nero d'Avola, Barolo, or Malbec.
  • lloftus723
    Options
    Haha yes I'll take that.
  • kampshoff
    Options
    I love Ommegang Rare Vos from Cooperstown New York!
    It's my new favorite-so good!
    195 totally worth it calories!

Try the Hennepin and Three Philosphers, also by Ommegang. So good.
  • kellyj0729
    kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda or vodka tonic with a lime, Smirnoff Sorbet Light with Sprite Zero, Parrot Bay Strawberry or passion fruit rum with Sprite Zero.
  • lloftus723
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Brut champagne or prosecco (typically 100 calories per standard 5 oz glass). Love the bubbly. If I have extra calories, I will go with a heartier red like Nero d'Avola, Barolo, or Malbec.

Champagne kills me the next day. :( I wish I could drink it. Even one glass and I am hung OVER
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Root beer soda.