tips

Options
I have lost 35lbs since January. It was easy at first but now it gets more difficult. I either do really good or really bad. Some weeks i will eat badly one day which wouldnt be bad if it was JUST ONE DAY. But i find myself eating bad one day and then for 4 days after and it gets hard to break the cycle. I get discouraged when i dont see my clothes fitting better when i know i am still losing weight. I dont care about the number on the scale. I just dont wanna look like a whale!

Replies

• TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    We're all different. I've failed many times, and know that I'll fail again in the future. I just try to remember what it feels like to fail, and when I find myself tempted to eat some of my daughter's snacks because "what's one bag of potato chips? She won't miss them," I do my best to remember that crappy, crappy feeling that comes when I've allowed myself to fail, and then look in the mirror and ask "Was eating that entire pizza worth it?"

That's me. I try to look forward and ask "when you're looking back on this moment, how happy will you be that you ate this family size bag of cheetos?" I try to busy myself watching fitness videos on youtube, or reading the comment section of articles on comedy/satirical sites. Just anything to keep my mind off of eating.
  • AmandaPE1021
    AmandaPE1021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are so alike! Lol. I get in youtube and watch my 600 pound life or supersize vs superskinny. Haha. I always find that planning my meals helps me. I plan a day ahead. That way i know exactly what im going to eat. If i get away from my meal plan for the day things go terribly wrong haha.
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One thing i've found that can be helpful if you're a night eater is to brush your teeth right after what's supposed to be your last meal instead of right before bed. The weird taste will hopefully discourage you from at least salty treats.
  • AmandaPE1021
    AmandaPE1021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    See im not a snacker really. But im that person that could eat a full beast pizza by myself if im not careful lol