5'7 213 LBS Looking for Like minded people to get fit with

veruc13
veruc13 Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am fat and I am sick and tired of being fat. Every night I am all amped about losing weight. I think "tomorrow, tomorrow I will make this change!" but then tomorrow comes and before I know it I have slammed back a bottle of Pepsi a few handfuls of chips. It's like my hands are just sending junk to my mouth and I have completely lost touch with any form of mindful eating. At 5'7 and 213 lbs, I realize I could be in a worse state, but I still hate the state I am in. My partner is a smoke show. I am not saying that in an egotistical way, it's true. She has had two children and has the body of a 21 year old swimsuit model, six pack and all. She loves me for me. She loves my curves and doesn't care what I look like and that's great, but I don't like me. I am tired of holding back my personality because I am afraid of being pegged for my weight. I am tired of feeling weak minded. I am tired of feeling like the buttons are going to blow off of my clothes and blind people. I am tired of looking at my stupid obese wii fit character paired up against my thin, fit family. During wii fit games my character is never throwing hula hoops at the other participants, my character is never a soccer coach. My character is probably too busy pounding back a Big Mac and dunking fries in Mayo. I am going to be married in 2 months. Ideally, I would like to lose 30 lbs but I realize I am setting myself up for failure. I just hoped that I could find like minded people on here and find some support from people who get this feeling of flip flopping all over the place. I have people who love me for who I am, but I want to love me. If anyone hasn't started yet and wants to start with me I would be happy :smile:

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited April 2015
    veruc, you can do this, if you are willing to put in the work, but not in 2 months. No, it won't be easy, if it were, we'd all be skinny. I'm 5'7 too, and just lost 37 pounds since August, and have been in maintenance since the beginning of March.

Cut and paste from a reply to someone else earlier:

Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories. Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the stickies at the top of the various forums such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants

Good luck!
  • veruc13
    :) Thanks!
  • varneson
    varneson Posts: 11 Member
    Hey my name is Vickie. I've been a yo yo dieter my whole life. 5 yrs ago I lost almost 90 pounds in about 10 months. I then gained about 20 back in about 3 yrs. I was injured in September and long story short I had 4 surgeries, 1 in November and 3 in January. In all of this I've gained another 35 pounds. Still have mobility issues, type 1 diabetic in stage 3 kidney failure. So need to lose weight big time!! Used this app on my last weight loss journey.
  • veruc13
    Looking forward to this!
  • MMGolden85
    MMGolden85 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been heavy set my entire life, married now for almost 10 years, 2 kids, after many tragedies the lbs kept packing on, stayed the Sam weight for the last 4 years and with no family, no friends, and no support, I finally got the courage to join the gym. 8 weeks and I've lost 16lbs, slow and steady while gaining muscle due to lack there of, I already feel so much better. I changed my eating habits well over a year ago because I was gestational diabetic during this last pregnancy and kinda stuck to it, but now, its the being active part that I'm working on besides working full time and chasing kids. I've started sacrificing an hour of my day right after work to hit the gym, less time with my family, but it will better me in the end. :smile:

You will do amazing and just like blankiefinder said, log everything and keep yourself accountable!