The Whole 30??

Options
Just curious if anyone has heard of this, they were talking about it on the Today show.

Replies

• hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I believe the idea is about eating real "whole food" for a month and seeing what kind of changes that brings you. So, nothing processed I believe. It could improve a person's health, because obviously whole food is healthier than junk food, but CICO is what will matter if you want to lose weight.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Way too restrictive for me.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as I got to reading a little section of it (online), I was like "whoa, more than what I want to commit to!"
    I like my theory of all in moderation :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    I believe the idea is about eating real "whole food" for a month and seeing what kind of changes that brings you.

Goes beyond that. It's a paleo+ style elimination diet. No grains, beans, dairy, sugar, etc. Used to be no potatoes too, but I think they've changed that. No "paleo treats" (which are really work arounds the rules, like pancakes with almond flour).
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    I believe the idea is about eating real "whole food" for a month and seeing what kind of changes that brings you.

Goes beyond that. It's a paleo+ style elimination diet. No grains, beans, dairy, sugar, etc. Used to be no potatoes too, but I think they've changed that. No "paleo treats" (which are really work arounds the rules, like pancakes with almond flour).
    YUCK! LOL Certainly nothing I'd even begin to consider. I love me some processed goodies!

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I did it for 2 weeks and I gained weight. They say you can eat anything and not count calories. I was probably eating 3000 calories a day on it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Poor Asher, did the reverse "diet" on this :neutral:
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's not a weight loss plan, so if you did it to lose weight, you still have to count calories. It's a great challenge and a great way to learn about nutrition and how food effects your body. If you only care about cico and being able to eat crap as long as you're still at a calorie deficit, it's not for you.

I'm starting it next week and have researched the heck out of it, but I'm really interested in nutrition and have some issues that I suspect are food related.

Go to the website where you can learn more about it. But remember, it's not a gimmicky diet for fast weight loss. It's an elimination eating plan for 30 days that can really change your relationship to food. My mom just finished it and resolved several allergy issues that she's been trying to treat for years. Pretty cool stuff.