Had to have eaten 500 calories over...

Options
I never go above my calories but I at least ate 300-500 over my daily limit. It wasnt anything I could help, because I volunteered all day, they prepared lunch and it was high in calories but I had the rest of the day, and I was so hungry I thought I was going to faint! Should I be worried? I did do a lot of walking and will be exercising tonight but I'm nervous!

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't stress, it happens to all of us every once in awhile! Plus, if you walked a lot, then I'm sure you'll be fine. It's only one day and you have tomorrow to make up for it :laugh:
  • pandalady8
    pandalady8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't fret! Remember, this site has your goal calories being set at AT LEAST a 500 calorie deficit (more if you want to lose more than a pound a week). So, if you went 500 over, the worst case scenario is that you ate your maintenance calories. That means that you won't have "lost" any weight today, but you didn't gain! Also, these things really are on a more long term scale than daily... weekly at a minimum. So long as you don't regularly overeat this week, you won't gain anything.
  • Eliannasmom
    Eliannasmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No dont be nervous... if you normally maintain your calories you should be good.
  • heeney12
    heeney12 Posts: 22
    Options
    what are you nervous about. Some days you are going to have bad days but that just means the next day you have to be more conscious as to what you are eating. I have had a couple of rough ones and I just started. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up because then you will find it hard to get out of a slum.
  • peggy60
    peggy60 Posts: 40
    Options
    I did that also...but went waaaay over...ate emotionally....but I told myself that I would get right back on it the next day....and I did...But I also told myself that I would not weigh for 2 days...when I got on I had lost!!! Don't sweat it...Just go back to your original program tomorrow. Good Luck! :flowerforyou: