SWaT Team Challenge - Final Call (Sansone Walk Team)

rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Walk everyday (if possible) in the month using a Leslie Sansone DVD or Just walk and clock your Miles.

Let me know your target Miles for the month, And away we go on Monday 14th.

Good Luck everyone, its gonna be fun. So far walkers have targeted over 1100 miles in total. with 35 Walkers

Brilliant. Thank you everyone for your enthusiasm and support.

Replies

• SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Okay...I plan to walk 80 miles this coming month....so looking forward to this challenge!! Good luck everyone! Hugs, SisterC
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Bump:wink:
  • mpattison
    mpattison Posts: 1 Member
    Can we still join? If so, I'm in! I plan to add 50 miles in the next month.
  • rjm8185
    Sure you can still join, its never too late, Come on everyone.

I'm still waiting for targets from 11 Walkers, don't want to name names lol.
  • Ok, to make it official now: I will try to walk 5 times a week (= 20 times a month) a distance of 3 Km, so 15 KM a week, 60 Km a month. Rob said it was about 40 miles a month than! Sounds a lot to me LOL! I am very much looking forward to this as it is the right push I need to start walking. I do walk a different style. I Nordic Walk, so with sticks. It makes me use also my muscles from my back and arms, so you'll burn more calories walking the same distance. But after that hour I always feel so refreshed!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Hi everyone,it's nice to see we have alot of people during the challenge.I can't wait to get walking.
    well i hope everyone has a good day.
    Holly
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    I have my walking shoes set out, ready for tomorrow!! :bigsmile: Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • rjm8185
    Absolutely, Tomorrow's the day, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. There are now 39 walkers taking part in The SWaT Team Challenge.
  • jaxi
    jaxi Posts: 6
    I looks like everyone is geared up for tomorrow in anticipation of this challenge and so I just want to leave everyone with a quote before the big start day:

"Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it."
    ~Soren Kierkegaard

Talk to you tomorrow!!

Jaxi :flowerforyou:
  • rjm8185
    Thats brilliant, thanks very much for that Jaxi

Rob
  • Absolutely psyched about starting, even have recruited the hubby to do this as well he should be joining the site as I type this lol....this looks like something we can do together and help keep one another motivated..." I am hoping" :bigsmile:
  • coltshtr
    coltshtr Posts: 1
    my minimum goal for the month is 30 miles and i would like to participate in the challange.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    "Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it."
    ~Soren Kierkegaard

I printed it out and pasted it to the front of my compter. That's the first place I go every morning with my coffee, it will be a good reminder to start each day.

• rjm8185
    Thats fantastic Sadiejane1492. You can keep each other going brilliant idea. Lets try and get other family members involved, kids too.

Sandara I love your idea to print it out and stick it to your computer, another great idea.

I've just put my name down to do a sponsered 5 mile walk in July here in the UK. I would never have dreamt of doing that a few weeks ago. Your all inspiring me with your enthusiasm. GREAT
  • jaxi
    jaxi Posts: 6
    Welcome to the group, Sadiejane! Rob, what an awesome thing to do for yourself. Glad to hear this group has inspired you!!

• jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    I've just put my name down to do a sponsered 5 mile walk in July here in the UK. I would never have dreamt of doing that a few weeks ago. Your all inspiring me with your enthusiasm. GREAT

That's great, Rob. I am very proud of you!!! I think you inspire a lot of people, but you just don't realise it. :smile:
  • Yes, yes. Count me in! I'll start a ticker now.
This discussion has been closed.