Hi...

Options
hollie894
hollie894 Posts: 60 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I've been a lurker of these forums for a few weeks now and today I decided to take the plunge and say hello...

Hi :)

I'm 28, live in Scotland, UK and currently trying to lose 10kg :s

Starting Weight 75.9kg
Current Weight 73.8kg
Goal Weight 65kg

I'm only 5ft3" so quite a shorty (apologies to fellow shorties who don't appreciate being called shorties).

I'm struggling as I know I'm heavy for my height (classed as overweight verging on obese by BMI calculations). However, I'd say I’m kind of fit, I go to the gym, I run (or try to) last night I managed to run 4K in 29minutes (hoorah for me, I was dying afterwards), I've signed up for a 10K in 4 weeks’ time (what a stupid idea that was) and I’m between a size 10 - 12 (American size 6-8).

So I guess my question is, can you just be heavy?

My goal weight is based solely on what a healthy BMI should be but I’m not too sure if I’d look good or more importantly healthy if I was to lose the 10kgs? However it's not just about losing weight, I'm trying to eat more healthy, drink more water, do more exercise and just improve my lifestyle in general!

Any help / support / advice is appreciated, feel free to add me as a friend as I currently only have 1 (who also happens to be my husband so he kinda HAS to befriend me).

H x

Replies

• hollie894
    hollie894 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh and if anyone has some tips on how I can improve my distance when running it would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment i'm pretty sure it's what's going to kill me...