The "After" Myth

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I will ever hit an "after" either as there is always something to improve. I hit my goal weight a long time ago, but created a new goal when I did, then another after that. The difference is that now, the goals take a lot longer for just a little bit of progress as opposed to just dropping weight. That was the easy part looking back at it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    jjridgecr wrote: »
    jrline wrote: »
    I am not sure there is ever a point where you feel happy with where you are.

29509743.png

I agree with this. I think no one is ever happy with their results progress- if they were they would have achieved them in the first place. People with 4% body fat always look to the next challenge. Human nature I think.

This makes me sad...

I feel very happy where I am...I was happy where I was...just not that healthy.

I was happy, I am happy and will continue to be happy with me and where my life was, is and going....I am just healthier now.

Having goals doesn't mean I am not happy it means I want something to strive for.

Goals like retirement at 50, running a 5k this august (maybe), maintaining my happy marriage, be happy where you are the rest falls into place.

Well said

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This article really struck a chord in me. I was never overweight but I struggled with esteem issues all my life. I grew up with a brilliant sister and felt like I always lived in her shadow and always felt just not good enough. Where she excelled In academics, I excelled in sports but sports wasn't something my mom measured as a success, so growing up there was always "if I do my hair this way" or "if I wear this outfit" will I be accepted or noticed. I failed to see I was and am noticed but it only took me 40 years to figure this out. Now as life would have it I'm experiencing this exact scenario with my daughters- an academic one and a sporty one but I'm ensuring I keep close attention to encouraging both of them.
  • K8T80
    K8T80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is so me I don't even know what to say. I'm back after losing a lot of weight and gaining it all, plus more, back.