Exercise load - 30 day shred

Options
I already run about 2/3 times a week, but I am trying to get that up to about 3/4 with perhaps one of those being a gym trip instead of a run for variety. My runs are never normally super long- 40 minutes at the most! My friend who is trying to get fit suggested today that we do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred together and looking at the results I'd like to. Obviously that would mean 30 days of around half an hour every morning exercising- do you think I could do both? Or would you suggest maybe stopping my other plans and focusing on just that? Particularly interested in those who have completed the shred before but everyone who can offer their two cents please chip in!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS in 33 days...I took 1 day off every 10 as it really is 28mins and that's all I was doing.

My suggestion if you are running and want to increase it shorten the runs to maybe 30mins and do 30DS giving yourself 1 complete rest day every 6-7 days...

30DS is a good work out...I liked it a lot and gave me the incentive to move onto other exercise (heavy weight lifting)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You can youtube each level of the 30 day shred. Why not take a look at the different levels and see what exercises there are etc.? If it looks like it contains some challenging things or looks interesting, why not give it a try? You can always extend the 30 days to be 45 or 60. Also, on the days you run, you could take the day off and instead cheer your friend on and encourage her to do that day's levels.

It may be if you already have a weight lifting routine and a cardio basis that you wouldn't benefit that much from the shred. Other than supporting your friend.
  • heidim44444
    heidim44444 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I run about the same amount as you and also sometimes do Jillians 30 day shred, especially in bad weather. I like the videos, but they are higher impact than I really want for cross-training. I feel like they are hard on my ankles and knees, the same as running is. But they are good videos and could be worth a try for you.

I also agree that 1-2 complete days of rest are really helpful for me and allow me the energy to work harder on my exercise days.

Good luck!