Couch 2 5k

Options
just did day one of C25k anyone completed it or tried it? What have yall thought?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am going to do this soon as well.
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 2 last night and I am digging it! I have run 5ks before but I feel like I'm never consistent with maintaining a pace so I'm hoping following the app will help me build some stamina for the future!
  • peeanoe
    peeanoe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I finished the 5k program last month and am currently doing the 10k. I love it! I've attempted it several times, but this is the first time I've been really successful.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have completed it several times. I ran my first 5k about three years ago with a group that used it. I am currently doing it and sometimes I have repeated weeks. I really don't like to run but the accomplishment I feel when I am done is great!!! I probably won't run another race but will still use the app occasionally to get in extra cardio.
  • nycalling6192
    nycalling6192 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use it as well. I'm only on week 3, but it's pretty great. The intervals really help you build up, and it burns a great amount of calories as well in a half hour. I try to do cardio 5 days a week at the gym in my office, so even though there's only three days for each week I've been just repeating them until I can progress.
  • NathRob
    NathRob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Husband and I are starting week 4 tonight and so far we love it :-)
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is about the 4th or maybe as much as the 6th time I've done couch to 5k. I'm 51, so its perfect for this old gal to get started when it gets warm. Its also not too hard on me physically. I usually combine it with HIIT and Body weight workouts on the off-run days. I just finished Week 5 Day 3 yesterday. This year I started with 10K Trainer (but the first 9 weeks of it are C25k) so I'm aiming to go beyond 5k.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple of years ago, and it lead me to first become a runner, and then a triathlete. Great program, and I recommend it to anyone that thinks they'll enjoy running. If you don't enjoy running then life's too short, and you should find something you do enjoy instead ;)
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of yall I am definitely going to try to stick with it! Yall are very motivating to do it! I actually felt like I did something today instead of my normal just walkinh
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting week 6, the one ending with a 20 minute run without a break (probably going to die), on Monday.

I'm currently doing my own thing that is actually more advanced than week 5, but isn't progressing in jog time fast enough, so I'm switching over.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    'Graduated' after week 5 when my app messed up and I kept running. For the last 3-4 weeks since, I run 5 or 6 k every other day and I really struggled with the first week of the program. I am amazed at how quickly my fitness improved. Keep going.
  • ynkesfan2003
    ynkesfan2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great program, My dog and I "graduated" last week. Keep it up!
  • berriesandjuice
    berriesandjuice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 1, Day 1. I repeated it twice and will repeat it again tomorrow. And again until I can get through the entire workout with the running parts. When it says run, I walk really fast. I am really out of shape.

How fast are you all walking and running?
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My husband and I finished it last summer. Finished it in the eight weeks. It was a great program. I finished it pushing a stroller. We actually still use the app to run the 5k about twice a week since it is timed out perfectly.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    I am on Week 1, Day 1. I repeated it twice and will repeat it again tomorrow. And again until I can get through the entire workout with the running parts. When it says run, I walk really fast. I am really out of shape.

How fast are you all walking and running?
    Mine is just a light jog cause I am doing it strolling my 4 month old. But It Made me do a mile in 15.02 which for me is fast! I will stick with that until I am not dying then move up
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3. Omfg i love it! If I feel like I'm about to die when running, I keep going because I know it'll tell me to walk soon.
    To berries and juice, I actually find it easier to run slowly than I do to walk fast lol. So yayyyyyy you!!! That's fantastic! To the op. Great work. Keep it up!!!!
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Yes I loved it yesterday I felt so much better and accomplished when I was done!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I completed it last spring, and now I use running as my regular cardio. I went from a bonafide couch potato (275lbs) to someone who's completed (oh so slowly!) two 5k runs and weighs 183.

I used the podcasts from NHS. Laura, the friendly British person whispering in my ear, was a life saver.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love it! One thing I did when I continued on to the 10k version, was that if I had to walk when I was supposed to be running during any of my workouts, I'd do that week a second time. The second time I would never have to take additional walk breaks. Have fun! Literally anyone can do it, particularly if they're not willing to give up when it starts feeling tougher. I'm getting back into running and just did my first three miles nonstop in a looooong time. And I was telling myself "you can do this" the whole time!