Options
2»

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    OK, maybe I am being silly. I am new at this. It's just that I was sooooo careful. Weighing and measuring everything I put into my mouth. FYI, it was a Klondike bar and truthfully, it was not that good, Nor was the cereal, so, the good news is that I think I have lost my taste for that junk. Neither satisfied me. I should have had another bowl of the black beans and Quionoa I had for dinner. Now that was good!

Realizing that you've lost your taste for that junk is a massive NSV (non-scale victory). Celebrate that!

Also remember that you're not dieting for a short time. You're creating new food habits for life. That means you need to be flexible and make room for some treats sometimes, because it's not realistic to think that for the rest of your life, you'll never eat ice cream. I mean, why would anyone want to contemplate a lifetime of no ice cream?

So work some of those treats (the ones you do enjoy) into your calorie goal, and eat everything in moderation. Most people who are too restrictive end up failing because they can't sustain it.

^^This!!!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    OK, maybe I am being silly. I am new at this. It's just that I was sooooo careful. Weighing and measuring everything I put into my mouth. FYI, it was a Klondike bar and truthfully, it was not that good, Nor was the cereal, so, the good news is that I think I have lost my taste for that junk. Neither satisfied me. I should have had another bowl of the black beans and Quionoa I had for dinner. Now that was good!

Realizing that you've lost your taste for that junk is a massive NSV (non-scale victory). Celebrate that!

Also remember that you're not dieting for a short time. You're creating new food habits for life. That means you need to be flexible and make room for some treats sometimes, because it's not realistic to think that for the rest of your life, you'll never eat ice cream. I mean, why would anyone want to contemplate a lifetime of no ice cream?

So work some of those treats (the ones you do enjoy) into your calorie goal, and eat everything in moderation. Most people who are too restrictive end up failing because they can't sustain it.

Really solid advice. Thanks!
  • DaveinSK
    DaveinSK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional deviation from your plan, especially if it's not a common thing. I ate 2500 calories of various egg shaped chocolate on Easter Sunday (those Reese Eggs are seriously chocolate crack) along with a massive dinner, but I'm not going to fret over it. Worst case is I might not lose anything that week.

From the sounds of it your "blowing it" was just having a good time with a friend. If you can't do that, life's not going to be nearly as much fun.