Too much?

Options
my husband is worried that I'm working out too much because I'm so tired come the evening, I've been going to bed between 7-8 to read and fall asleep. I just skyped my mum and told her I ache from head to toe (but I like it, it's that nice pain that tells you you're making changes) and her response was "don't do it then, you're doing too much!" lol but she doesn't know anything about exercising lol, I told her I like it and it's good!

So I'm doing 20 mins on the bike at the gym, 20 mins brisk walk on the treadmill, and another 20 mins on the lower bike (I don't know the name or the difference?), I just started to include some arm weights yesterday also, biceps and triceps curls, 3x10 reps of 20lbs because my arms are so weak and flabby.

That's adequate right? Not too much? I'm 245lbs 5'3" so I'm obese

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not overdoing it at all.

Your arms aren't going to get much progress doing isolations like that. You'd be better off investing your time in compound movements if you are wanting to retain muscle while cutting. Your strength will also go up a lot faster.
  • MonikaNeely
    MonikaNeely Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you have rest days. When you're pushing yourself sometimes it's gonna hurt but it shouldn't be all the time or too much.

Considering your weight and fitness level is say you need 2-3 rest days because if you put too much stress on your body continually you could be looking at an injury or something - which will be counterproductive and put you out of action for a while.

You have to build regimes over time otherwise your body may not be strong enough to endure that much physical stress straight away.

But definitely keep exercising. The benefits are gonna be freakin awesome.

X

• englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    Not overdoing it at all.

Your arms aren't going to get much progress doing isolations like that. You'd be better off investing your time in compound movements if you are wanting to retain muscle while cutting. Your strength will also go up a lot faster.

I don't know what that is?
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you have rest days. When you're pushing yourself sometimes it's gonna hurt but it shouldn't be all the time or too much.

Considering your weight and fitness level is say you need 2-3 rest days because if you put too much stress on your body continually you could be looking at an injury or something - which will be counterproductive and put you out of action for a while.

You have to build regimes over time otherwise your body may not be strong enough to endure that much physical stress straight away.

But definitely keep exercising. The benefits are gonna be freakin awesome.

X

I've been doing an hour of cardio six days a week, maybe I should do less for a couple of those days and do more weights on those days instead?