Any good tilapia recipes??

noclady1995
noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
edited April 2015 in Recipes
I'm trying to eat more fish, and I prefer to buy tilapia. However, it's just such a boring fish. Does anyone have any good links to any recipes or special ways that YOU cook it that is super good?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    This sauce is so simple, but it's delicious!
    Tilapia with tomato caper sauce
    tilapia-with-tomatoes-and-capers.jpg
  • noclady1995
    This sauce is so simple, but it's delicious!
    Tilapia with tomato caper sauce
    tilapia-with-tomatoes-and-capers.jpg

Oh my goodness...that look SO amazing. I'm going to try that!! Thank you!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    I just did a piece on the grill, came out excellent. A little olive oil, black pepper, salt and citrus zest. Wrap in foil and grill (or place in oven).
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    tilapia, sprinkle with granulated garlic , granulated onion, salt, a little parmesean cheese and hot pepper flakes, broil for about 8 minutes depending on your oven and how close you put it under the broiler ( I like mine browned)
  • noclady1995
    Citrus zest?!! Parmesan?!! Brilliant!! Thanks for these ideas...as you can tell, I'm not that creative when it comes to fish. :)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I know some people are not into cheese with fish, but google the best fish recipe and try it. It really is the best recipe with a cheese sauce that the fish is baked it. Yum!
  • I do fish tacos and am also fond of brown rice with fish and peas.
  • yourstrulynancy
    yourstrulynancy Posts: 77 Member
    Funny I made tiliapa for dinner last night I can deff relate to it being a boring fish I actually like to season the fish with salt and pepper than dip it into some flour , let sit for about 3 min and dip it again and deep fry it for about 4 min 4 ounces of fish is about 200-250 calories than as a side you can sautée some of your favorite veggies I like to get some zucchini , squash , red bell peppers and onions and throw some garlic in there and serve next to the fried fish with a nice slice of Lemon it taste amazing for extra taste you can throw some salt and pepper into the flour instead for a nice crunch
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    I love to poach it. I very lightly bread it, using only the moisture of the fish to get the bread crumbs to stick, and then lay the fillets in a 9x13 pan. Then, I put a small dab of butter or margarine on each fillet. Then I surround all of the fillets with milk. Not covering them with milk, just surrounding them. Cover tightly with foil and cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. The fish comes out flaky and so moist. It just falls apart. Season it any way you wish. I like just a little lemon juice and a little salt.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    edited April 2015
    I made this with Basa but it would work with tilapia too:
    Garlic and Lemon Fish
    It was really delicious!
    EDIT: Haha, I see the original recipe was with Tilapia! I had changed it for some reason :s
  • spanglish
    spanglish Posts: 14 Member
    Wilt a ton of spinach, mix with salsa, a carmelized onion, and whatever chopped up leftover veggies you've got in the fridge. Put half of that mixture in a baking dish, then layer on the tilapia (frozen is fine), then the other half of the veggie mixture, then top with feta (as much as you can possibly fit in your calories for the day). Bake for 30ish minutes at 425.
  • noclady1995
    spanglish wrote: »
    Wilt a ton of spinach, mix with salsa, a carmelized onion, and whatever chopped up leftover veggies you've got in the fridge. Put half of that mixture in a baking dish, then layer on the tilapia (frozen is fine), then the other half of the veggie mixture, then top with feta (as much as you can possibly fit in your calories for the day). Bake for 30ish minutes at 425.

MMm....this sounds divine. I will no longer eat the same recipe every night! Thank you!!!
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    I will bread mine and bake it but I bake it on a cookie sheet with a cooling rack on it so it gets nice a crispy like an oven fried type of cooking. I have my own homemade creek seasoning which is good and so is using McCormick Lemon and Herb seasoning if I want to be lazy!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    I like to make fish tacos with it. I bake the Tilapia and top with Mrs. dash sw chipotle seasoning. Put in a corn tortilla that has been cooked in olive oil, and top with either homemade pico de gallo or mango salsa, avocado and sliced lettuce or cabbage. Squirt with lime juice. So good.

I also do a garlic herb tilapia that is very simple but so good. I put about a tsp of butter on each filet and top with herbs de Provence, chopped fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Bake in aluminum foil.