30lbs down...*VENT*

Options
I am so happy and proud of myself that I am 30lbs down...but the thing is, I have seriously only lost 1 pant size...WTH?!! I just had to vent a little bit here because while going from a 16/14 to a 12 is fantastic...how is it possible to have only gone down one size...arg arg arg. Anyone else out there with a Belly that wont die??!

Replies

• SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. It seem to take forever to change pant sizes. I was told every 20 pounds lost, you may lose a pant size. For me, its true. Ive lost 45 pounds and 2 pant sizes. I am very happy about it but wish it was more.
  • ennuifreezone
    ennuifreezone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think the larger the size, the bigger the jump between them. For example, I wear a 12 now, and I weigh around 180lbs at 5'8". But I'm wearing the same work clothes when I was at 165lbs last year. But when I was lighter before, I wore a size 4 at 130lbs, a size 6 at 135lbs, size 8 at 145lbs, etc. So I think the increments shrink as you shrink. Also, some retailers don't always have a clear distinction between womens, ladies, and juniors, all of which have different measuring scales, so you may be in different size scales and not know it.

You've accomplished a lot though, so don't give up! Pretty soon you'll go down another size if you keep it up.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Man oh Man! I can totally understand your frustration! Are you seeing physical differences elsewhere on your body? Maybe the weight you've dropped has come from places other than your tummy. Also, have you been working out a lot? Maybe your tummy is still the same size but tighter? Sorry I'm not much help, but keep at it, clearly you're doing something right having lost so much weight thus far! I'm sure you'll start *seeing* the progress soon.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it. I've only lost about 50lbs total, BUT it took 25 lbs for me to drop the first size. I was sooo frustrated with it. After that, the sizes just kept dropping. In my total loss, I went from a full 16 to a nice 4. That's a lot of sizes with most of them only coming out of the last 25 lbs.

You can do this! Hang in there and you will see the results from all of your hard work.

ps...not sure if you only do food or exercise too, but the exercise is what really changed by body. Good luck!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I recently, like within the last 2 weeks...have had the opportunity to go back to the gym regularly. And I will admit, even with only a full week under my belt at the gym, I already feel tighter and stronger. I have hope, that my body with start to shift the more workouts I get. I am 5'3" and am currently wearing a size Large shirt...Im pretty small and petite everywhere else, I carry all my weight in my belly...I call it "the beast" haha
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I feel ya - I've lost 25 pounds and I'm still afraid to drop down a size because my 16 still feels a bit tight in the thighs after a wash. I tend to hold most of my weight there, though, so I guess I can understand why to an extent.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Pant sizes are a pain. I'm short with a thick waist. I fit in a smaller size in low waist pants (the kind that are well below the belly button and go across the hips) as opposed to the pants that fit right at the waist/belly button. I have 3 different size pants in my closet, and they all fit. I can't shop for pants online because of this. I always have to try them on.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 52 pounds and have gone down 1 size as well.. it was frustrating when I realized it at one point, but doesn't matter to me anymore.. as long as Iose weight and in shape I'm good :)
  • hardlygraceful
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry! It's great that you've lost that much weight though, I'm sure you look fabulous! For me it was the exact opposite. I've always appeared way thinner than my weight would have you believe (I'm pretty lucky, I guess!), so I dropped clothing sizes like crazy, even if the weight wasn't coming off as easily. I can lose 5 pounds and go down a size. It's a bit annoying sometimes, but I really am lucky.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Body composition has little to do with weight. You can actually get smaller pant sizes without losing any pounds, or even gaining some pounds.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I definitely have heard that it takes 20lbs for one pant size, as well. I think a lot of it also has to do with your body type and where you're losing the weight, as well. Just stay focused and know that you're making big changes and doing great.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I am 36 pounds down and just fitting comfortably in a size 12 and a few 10's here and there. I gave up my few sixteens ( I didn't have very many because I refused to buy that size). I still wear some of my 14's but they are quite large on me. I only have a few size 12's also, because I didn't want to be that size. I am waiting very impatiently to fit in my size 10's again, but I think I will have to lose at least another 10 pounds for them to fit comfortably.

Don't get discouraged! It takes time!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Pant sizes are a pain. I'm short with a thick waist. I fit in a smaller size in low waist pants (the kind that are well below the belly button and go across the hips) as opposed to the pants that fit right at the waist/belly button. I have 3 different size pants in my closet, and they all fit. I can't shop for pants online because of this. I always have to try them on.

Ditto! :ohwell:
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, too! Many of my 16s are swimming on me, but some I can still wear and not be ridiculous. I've been buying 12s for the summer, but they're tight still. I can wear them, but don't feel great about it. I'm probably closer to a 14, and definitely in some cuts where the 12s wouldn't even zip. And, I tried to go down a size in dresses, but that didn't work out, even if many of my current ones are sacks.. At 30+ lbs down, sooo frustrating.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am down 40 some pounds. 1-2 pant sizes.

We are going on a cruise this summer so last night I tried on the dresses and swim suit I bought for the cruise we went on a year ago. They all still fit (except for one dress) .
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was told at a weightwatchers meeting year's ago that it takes ages to lose the first dress size because there is a tendency to deny how big we are, and squeeze ourselves into smaller sizes. I know I cling onto my size 12s when I really should get a larger size.The squeezed sausage look is not a good one.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that if you've been wearing your pants for a long time, they've stretched out some. So even though the tag may say 14, they are stretched out to maybe an 18.

Recently my favorite pants, size 16, were way too big for me, so I donated them and bought a new pair. Size 16. Grrr! But they fit well instead of hanging off me.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy but in 23 pounds I have only gone from a loose 42 to a 40
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I haven't got down a single size or lost a single inch - my clothes fit exactly the same. I feel your pain. I am hoping to go down a size around 50lbs or so (except the closer I get to that the less likely I think it is that it will happen). it sucks! I'm so frustrated about it today, but nothing I can do except keep on losing and hopefully someday something will happen.
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just remember, not every brand/company fits the same! Try not to stress about the size and focus on the weight and how far you've come.