Low Heartrate

Options
ive been working out for the past 4 months. 5 times a week sometimes twice a day. I have apersonal trainer once a week and take high intensity interval training classes. On my in between days when i do cardio on the treadmill ( i dont run) i used to do 3.2 at incline 7.5 im currently doing 3.4 at hill interval level 15/20 and my heartrate wont go above 115???? Im usually dripping sweat and feel like im working hard, but my heartrate does not reflect that whats wrong????? Age 27 female current weight 265

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    There could be several different causes. What it looks like to me is possible overtraining since you are doing hard workouts nearly everyday for 4 months. One symptom of overtraining is an inability to elevate your heartrate.

You cannot workout hard like that everyday without problems. If overtraining is the problem you need to rest before it gets worse. I would recommend taking at least a few days if not a whole week off from exercise and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then in the future alternate your hard high intensity days with lower intensity days.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring heart rate? I work out 5 days a week and 2x a day, high intensity for years and my heartrate always increases as measured by polar monitor. You're not over training.
  • xmasgrace
    xmasgrace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just by the handlebars on treadmill. My trainer said i need to start running that my walking at an incline is not pushing me hard enough to elevate my hearrate. That im conditioned now I need to take the next step up....
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    They can be notoriously unreliable. I use a heart rate monitor and from experience I know when my heart rate is going up before I even check my watch.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    My heart rate is all over the place on different days I will use level 15 of 20 do really close to the same distance/same time one day and have a 20+ heart rate difference. I wouldn't worry to much about it 115 is a little low for your age but its doing something and at 265 lbs good for you!! Keep up the good work, Watch your calories and keep going you will get the results your looking for with time!!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree that the handlebars aren't reliable. Get a monitor.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I would be suspect of the measuring device. Try the low tech method of taking your pulse when you first step off the treadmill. Find your pulse and count the number of heartbeats you feel for thirty seconds then multiply by two. Your personal trainer should be able to show you how to do this.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    What happens if you keep the same incline and increase the pace to 4? I agree that a heart monitor is much more accurate but you can see immediately if you have a problem if you increase the pace for 10 minutes and there is no change to your heart rate.