Progress and time

Options
I started an intense workout routine/ clean eating over a month ago, and I'm just curious for the days I get down and feel discouraged, can anyone tell me how long it took before they started seeing real results in themselves? I know patience is the key word, but I've been working so hard, harder than ever before and I'm just anxious to start seeing improvement! Lol

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If by improvements you mean visible changes, it will be awhile (6 weeks or more). This is because you can't perceive slow subtle changes in yourself. If you take progress photos it can can help you see results in as little as 4 weeks.

If by improvements you mean on the scale, depending on your habits and deficit, it will be 3 weeks.

If by improvements you mean able to exercise better, better heart rate, better endurance, etc, you will see improvements in a week (depending on whether you push yourself hard and give yourself enough recovery time and eat enough to fuel it).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how much you have to lose.

I started at 310, and I'm finally just starting to really see a difference at 260. However, someone starting out at say 160 would notice the change per pound much more quickly.
  • estygirl22
    estygirl22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank u guys this was really helpful!!! I appreciate the feedback!!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I started at 169, now at 147, and just now seeing results. Trying not to get my drawers in a twist because I still have 37 pounds to go!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    estygirl22 wrote: »
    I started an intense workout routine/ clean eating over a month ago, and I'm just curious for the days I get down and feel discouraged, can anyone tell me how long it took before they started seeing real results in themselves? I know patience is the key word, but I've been working so hard, harder than ever before and I'm just anxious to start seeing improvement! Lol

My scale keeps coming up with numbers that are lower than what it showed me on previous days. My scale indicates I've lost about 10 kg over the past 9 weeks.

However, when I look in the mirror, I see no difference at all. There might be an ever-so-slight difference in the way my clothing fits, but nothing significant.

So ... I guess from my experience ... it can take a long, long time before there's a visible difference.