Best Dark Chocolate?

Options
bbontheb
bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
I'm wondering what your favourite dark chocolate is for those sugary splurges. A piece here and there. Not sure if anyone knows a brand that is good. Should I find one with the lowest calories/fat?

Replies

• daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Old Gold or the Aldi dark chocolate, sooo good.. watch the carbs though!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I like Vosges, Chuao, Hammonds, Lindt, to name a few.
  • JenileeFinley
    JenileeFinley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chocolove is my fave or Fran's.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love the Lindt Madagascar 70%. If you're going to have it as a small bit here and there, don't go for the lowest fat or calories, go for the best quality. Make it worth it!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'll second Aldi's dark chocolate. Love the one with hazelnuts, too. So good <3
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Eating a square of Lindt 75% Ecuador right now o:)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Vosges, DeBrand, Dagoba, Dandelion and World Market are among my favorites. If you have a place nearby that does gourmet food imports, like a World Market, Whole Foods, a fancy co-op or a gourmet shop like Southern Season, those are all really good places to shop for chocolate to try. Once you've found something you love, try to find it online cheaper. You can often find it on Amazon at about 3/4 to 1/2 the price of a gourmet shop.
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the Equal Exchange brand 70 percent chocolate chips. 21 chips in a serving...for a super awesome treat I dip them in a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Most good dark chocolate has less sugar and fewer calories than you would think, particularly if you break it into smaller portions than the "serving size" which is often half the bar. I can easily eat just one or two squares of very fine chocolate and be satisfied, making the bar last at least 4 or more servings.
  • conniecabko
    conniecabko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli
  • straasdahl
    straasdahl Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jojo's chocolate bark for me!
  • dtet992
    dtet992 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try IQ chocolate, check out their website and it will tell you where you can buy. Delicious and with health benefits :) x
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you use the search function there are several threads about peoples favourite chocolate. Did you bother to look?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    If you use the search function there are several threads about peoples favourite chocolate. Did you bother to look?

I'd rather discuss chocolate than starvation mode or cardio vs strength :*

You're going to be busy cutting and pasting similar comments night and day on here if we expect there to be no duplicates.
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Haighs.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Aldi needs blown off the face of the earth for varying reasons.

*derails thread then drags it back on track*

I suddenly have a craving for a Max Brenner hot chocolate made with nothing but chocolate and full cream...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Aldi needs blown off the face of the earth for varying reasons.

*derails thread then drags it back on track*

I suddenly have a craving for a Max Brenner hot chocolate made with nothing but chocolate and full cream...

I recently introduced my husband to the amazingness of hot chocolate made by pouring simmered cream over 70% Lindt, then topping it up with full cream milk. Amazeballs.
  • chandnir
    chandnir Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Hotel Chocolat. The 85% Dark Ghana is sublime. I eat a ton of that. It's pretty low on carbs/sugar. Their new Rabot collection is also pretty darn fabulous!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

I'd rather discuss chocolate than starvation mode or cardio vs strength :*

You're going to be busy cutting and pasting similar comments night and day on here if we expect there to be no duplicates.

Previous threads are a good resource from which to get information and often superior to the information provided in new threads. There have been some good ones for chocolate.

Why would I be busy cutting and pasting anything?
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dagoba Organic Chocolate Bars come in a range from mild to extremely dark. Enjoy!