Oh, my God, it's a SABATOGE!

Options
Just when I'm doing well and eating healthy and exercising starts to feel effortless and weight starts dropping off I freak out and start to spontaneously crave cake. Lots of cake and anything else with high amounts of sugar and flour and fat...and I give in, and there goes my hard earned progress in a matter of weeks. What's the deal here?

I'm 5'4" and 135 when I'm being good, and usually get up 143ish when I'm being not so good. According to the evil charts I should be 129 so that's my goal. Any insight as to why I can't let myself reach my goal?

Replies

• mindyrae22
    mindyrae22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself to have these things in moderation when you are "being good"? If not, that might be an easy fix. Allow yourself to have a treat every now and again. That should stop the random, bad timed cravings. I have the problem with Chinese food. I love it. It is my favorite, but if I don't let myself have some every now and again I end up craving it like crazy and eating it for a week straight (and since it is so high in sodium and I cannot eat it in moderation at those times it turns out bad).
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Now I'm singing Beastie Boys in my head

pI5uZVH.png
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You might be putting too much importance on the scale. A pound or two on the scale might not mean excess fat. How do your clothes fit? Are you taking pictures? What's the long-term trend?

That said, if you find yourself binging on a certain food, you may need to cut it out completely, or the opposite - factor it in so you don't feel deprived. Figuring out your triggers is key.
  • saxmaniac
    Options

You stolez my avatar.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    beastie-boys-sabotage-o.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that you're going all deprivation crazy with your diet. Try more moderation in your diet. Get your nutrition on, get your fitness on, and enjoy some treats in moderation...good livin' done right.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    In for Beastie Boys appreciation.
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself to have these things in moderation when you are "being good"? If not, that might be an easy fix. Allow yourself to have a treat every now and again. That should stop the random, bad timed cravings. I have the problem with Chinese food. I love it. It is my favorite, but if I don't let myself have some every now and again I end up craving it like crazy and eating it for a week straight (and since it is so high in sodium and I cannot eat it in moderation at those times it turns out bad).

^^ Yupp. Truth is, you can eat pretty much anything, you just need to budget for it in your daily calorie goal. As long as you're eating at a deficit, you're still going to lose weight. Enjoy your cake (just do it in moderation) :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

You stolez my avatar.

HAHAHA....well, I did post before you, so technically I did not steal it.

But that's pretty awesome
  • saxmaniac
    Options
    HAHAHA....well, I did post before you, so technically I did not steal it.
    But that's pretty awesome

Heh, I've had this avatar for a loooong time. It's funny you found the same one!
  • theCoke
    theCoke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I have to let go of the "good/bad" food thing. I'm an all or nothing type person so that is difficult for me. I also rely on the scale too much.