My weight loss has stopped. HELP

kellscz
kellscz Posts: 16 Member
I'm 5'9, weigh 161 and I've lost 21lb 9.8kg. But it's stopped. I changed my macro to 35%carbs 36%protein and the rest fat. Maybe I'm not getting enough carbs??? My calories intake a day is 1590. I do boxing x3 times a week and count each session as 440cals and I eat half of that back... Any tips...
Should I change my carbs to 45% with the high intensity boxing???

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,446 Member
    As you've lost weight, have you lowered your calorie intake?

You might try dropping it to 1550 or even 1500 for a while.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    How long has it been stopped for?
  • kellscz
    It's been stopped for about 4/5 weeks. I've lowered my intake as I've lost.. Should I try 1500. I don't want to be not eating enough cause that's cause problems as well!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Try the 1500 for three or four weeks. Get enough protein and fat.
  • charles1love
    charles1love Posts: 8 Member
    I hear not getting enough water can make your weight loss stop. Since your boxing maybe your loosing a lot of water in sweat.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Also remember, as you lose weight, you also burn less during exercise. Perhaps you're overstating your burns?

Do you lift any weights? If not, it would be a good time to start! The more muscle you build, the more calories you burn all day long.
  • kellscz
    Thanks girls.
    I'll try 1500. Defo not over estimating cals that I eat back. I only count boxing as boring 440cals and I would defo be burning more than that, I only eat half of the 440 back. I will start adding a few weights in there and see how that's goes. I drink heaps of water so no issue there. It's gets so tricky when you get down to the last few kg but I've still 6 to go so i wasn't expecting it to get this hard just yet. Grrr
  • kellscz
    Thanks girls..
  • kshay89
    kshay89 Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe you're gaining a lot of muscle due to working out?

Weight isn't everything. Have you checked your measurements? Do you feel healthier/stronger?
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Yes you have to change the calories intake for a month and see what's going on, lowering it a bit
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    As far as scale weight goes, changing macros won't do much. If you're concerned about how much of that scale weight is muscle and how much is fat, consider nutrient timing. Take the majority of your carbs before boxing, do AM cardio.

1590 calories a day is not a lot. The more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn at rest. Taking into account that a lb of fat tissue is anywhere between 2700-3700 calories, a deficit of 90 calories per day will not do much in a week.

I would do something entirely different: up my calories close to TDEE for a while, then drop them back down and see what happens.

• kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    I am also 5 ft 9. And my start weight before I actually began this app was 161 pounds. I've done this weight loss before,And I struggle but I can drop to 150 pounds..Then it stops. My goal is 145. Im at 157 now. And I feel in 7 pounds it'll end again. Do u eat carbs.? I do & I wonder if it's the issue.
  • kellscz
    Sorry I've not checked my notifations.
    I've actually upped my carbs. I was on 35% but I think for the intense training I do it should be more. They say your carbs should be between 45-65%. So I have upped to 45 and lowered my calories to 1500. What calories are you on a day?
  • kellscz
    Yea I do think I'm also putting on muscle. But I know I still have fat to burn... The scales are not moving up or down at the mo. I do feel my size has decreased but not a lot has changed in 6 weeks
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,446 Member
    kellscz wrote: »
    Yea I do think I'm also putting on muscle. But I know I still have fat to burn... The scales are not moving up or down at the mo. I do feel my size has decreased but not a lot has changed in 6 weeks

Still no change?

You've been carefully weighing everything you eat, counting every calorie, and logging it all?
    You've been under-estimating what you burn?
    You've got yourself set at sedentary?

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    kellscz wrote: »

If your strength has also increased, then you're adding muscle (whether you can see it or not), which weighs more by volume than fat does.

If you're unsure as to whether or not your strength has increased, consider safely lifting to your maximum. Maybe use a spotter as well so you don't drop a weight on your toe. ;)