Need some motivation

Options
Im struggling! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've been staying at or below my suggested calories of 1200 a day, drinking lots of water, and I do Jillians 30 day shred everyday. I also am nursing a baby. I am not loosing weight and it's so frustrating!! I am 5'1 starting weight was 151 GW 130. After 1 month I've only lost 3 lbs!! Do I need to keep at it, give it more time or is there something I need to change to start loosing?

Replies

• starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing or feeling changes, in how your clothes fit, in your ability to work out longer and stronger? Sometimes the scale just doesn't reflect your progress.
  • clhines811
    clhines811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's your muscle mass if your doing workouts with weights. You will see more of a difference if you measure yourself. But just keep at it and you will see a difference soon! Don't the that scale own you! :-)
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I was busting my butt and eating 1200 calories and wasn't losing anything - so I upped my calories to 1400 and I was a lot more successful. (Of course that was my last go around at MFP - I am on like, my 3rd try) ha ha
  • slkooienga
    slkooienga Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have notice my clothes fit a little bigger. Which is nice. Maybe I'll try putting the scale away for a while and just enjoy getting stronger.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a scale?
    Are you eating back exercise calories? if so how are you measuring burns?

Its probably because you are eating more thna you think, burning less or you just need to be patient. You dont have much to lose so .5lb a week would be more suited. 1lb would be tops. Keep doing the right things and be patient, weight loss isnt linear.