Fast Weight Drop but not Hungry

Options
dennyman100
dennyman100 Posts: 25 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello All,

For a while I was stuck at 177 lbs eating ~2100 cals a day but working out everyday (alternating cardio and strength). On Sat I ran a 10k and my weight dropped to 174, and I assumed it was due to the running and sweating out water (I weighed myself pre and post run). I figured that over the week I would slowly climb back up as I drank more water and my workouts lessened than that one day. However, I have continually dropped and I am now 170-1. I had just visited my nutritionist on Thursday and she thought everything in my diet was fine (including calorie intake), so I did not change a thing. I am eating more than 1700 cals everyday and on most days I am not hungry at all. I am worried about that fast 7 lb drop in a week, even though it is pushing me towards my goal. Thoughts?

Edit: I should also point out that this week I had to add another hole to my belt as I dropped even more fat around my waist and hips. So it could be contributed to that in some way.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on the weight loss. How does your overall weight loss trend look? Since you were stuck at 177 for a while, does this drop actually fit into your overall trend?
  • dennyman100
    dennyman100 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I guess it does. it has been around a month since i had a big loss. Since then it has been .5 lbs or so a week.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    The body does some crazy things when recovering from a long run, it actually puts a lot of stress on the body. It may just be your body recovering from the shock and it will balance out soon.
    I know when I do long distance runs, my body sometimes goes a little haywire for about a week afterward.