Tired?

Maybe this is a question for dr are nutritionist, but maybe someone can help. I've been eating a 1230 calorie diet and by mid day I'm feeling tired and sleepy, cafine is working, but should I be doing something different?

Replies

• jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Probably, but there is really no way to diagnose the root cause simply by knowing how many calories you eat.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Are you eating enough? that sounds like an aggressive target considering how much you have to lose.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    I've found increasing healthy fats and proteins have helped me plus I'm on 1600 cals whereas last time I did 1200 and gave up quite quickly. I don't feel like I'm On a diet at all, just eating tasty and nutritious food and thinking more about what I eat
    I'd say try upping your cals and having a large chunk of your allowance earlier on in the day
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    There are so many factors that can be the cause of tiredness. Are you sleeping enough, eating enough, eating too many carbs ( sometimes that will make me tired) , sometimes the caffeine can have a rebound effect and giving you a crash ( another thing i sometimes deal with).
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Given how much weight you have to lose, my first guess is you are not eating enough. What are your stats?

I would try eating more to see if that helps. If not, go to the doctors.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    It is likely too few calories, but depending on what type of food you're eating you could also be fatigued. Lower-carb diets will initially give you this fatigued feeling but eventually will pass.
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    I am also eating around 1200 calories - but am less than 5' tall, so it is appropriate for me. Once every few weeks, or when I've had a particularly strenuous series of workouts, I do hit a wall. I think that when that happens, you have to look at what you've been doing and nourish your body. Today is one of those days for me. I am logging my food, but I am eating until I'm satisfied, getting a little extra protein and carbs, and if I go over on calories for a day, it's ok. It may slow my weight loss a little, but this is a journey about being healthy for me, and tired and not-functioning =/= healthy. If your fatigue is chronic, you may want to look at nutrition or upping your calories a little. Again, it helps me to remember that this is a journey, and just a part of my life, and not a race and should not derail my life.
    Good luck!
  • FEDup2015
    FEDup2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you so much everyone for your responses, I am going to up my calorie intake, I've been really
    trying to stick to the calorie count and may not be eating enough I'll try that. good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys.