Too many calories ????

ive got 1900 calories left after having three Meals walking 7 k and running 5 k so it won't add it to let me complete entry ....says I not had enough 993 but I'm stuffed can't eat more

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited April 2015
    If you've only eaten 993 calories today, and also run a 5k and went for a long walk, the app is correct.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    ive got 1900 calories left after having three Meals walking 7 k and running 5 k so it won't add it to let me complete entry ....says I not had enough 993 but I'm stuffed can't eat more

If you eat too few calories, you can't complete your entry for the day. This is to prevent encouraging disordered eating. If you truly can't eat anything else today (and your logging was accurate), just try to choose more calorie dense foods tomorrow.
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Maybe try adding more small, but calorie dense foods into your day :) ex. if you make a light smoothie add a bit of avocado or yogurt in
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I'm assuming she means net. MFP usually overestimates burns, so if it gave her a 1500+ calorie burn, no wonder she is full. You can always adjust your exercise calories down, or just not close your diary for the day.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    If you've only eaten 993 calories today, and also run a 5k and went for a long walk, the app is correct.
    This.

There's always room for wine, peanut butter, ice cream and beer.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member

The numbers look...dubious.

I would suggest opening your diary.
  • Mr_Knight
    If you eat too few calories, you can't complete your entry for the day.

Sure you can. MFP gives you the yada yada yada warning, but it does take the entry.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    If you eat too few calories, you can't complete your entry for the day.

Sure you can. MFP gives you the yada yada yada warning, but it does take the entry.

Hm. I recall getting a warning message in the past when I did a lot of exercise, though I don't remember the exact wording.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    This.

There's always room for wine, peanut butter, ice cream and beer.

I LOVE YOU.

• Tamar197712
    Tamar197712 Posts: 19 Member
    How do I open diary ?
  • blankiefinder
    home > settings > diary settings > public > save changes
  • Tamar197712
    The calories it's given me are about right ive spoken to fitness trainers / instructors in depth and they have looked at this after there recommendations and the calories on here are lower .
  • Tamar197712
    Done it thanks I think just had an apple and vanilla dessert it's let me log it now
  • blankiefinder
    It's open now. I notice that today and Tuesday you have between 1200 and 1500 exercise calories. Are you wearing a heart rate monitor? How long is it taking you on the 7 k walk? 5 k run? and current weight and height?
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    It's open now. I notice that today and Tuesday you have between 1200 and 1500 exercise calories. Are you wearing a heart rate monitor? How long is it taking you on the 7 k walk? 5 k run? and current weight and height?

I took a peek at the exercise diary, and it states:
    Walking, 10.5 mins per km, brisk pace 80 min 587 cal
    Run 5.97 km 7.2 min/km 40 min 865 cal

For walking, that’s 3.55 mph and for running 5.18 mph. These burn estimates seem very high to me. I don’t know much about walking, but according to Runner’s World a 300 lb person would burn 842 calories running that distance, at that pace. If you’re around 200 lbs, that’s 561 calories.

OP, I don’t know your stats, but it looks like your calorie burns are way overestimated. I would hesitate to even eat back half of those personally. How are you getting these numbers?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Eat a little bit more and you should be good. Your calorie burn estimates are exaggerated.

When you can't get enough calories...ice cream is the answer.
  • Tamar197712
    Just looked what I am in pounds ... 256 pounds so working them
    Out its about right ... But any way not a problem
    As I average about 1000cals a day with the exercise and 5.5 pound loss this week is def in right direction
  • Tamar197712
    I'm getting my numbers by using various apps and equipment all with my weight height gender etc In putted then using them during exercise . Ive also spoke to fitness instructors and personnel
    Trainers who are happy with readings and tell me there about right . I'm aware the bigger you are the more calories U need and the more calories U burn during exercise . I know this is correct as when compared to friends the values correlate with weights x
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Your logging looks extremely inaccurate.
  • Mr_Knight
    edited April 2015
    Your exercise burn numbers are hugely off. Like, at least double what they should be. And you can't run more than 5km in 35 minutes if your pace is greater than 7 min/km - that's just basic math.

If you want help sorting out your burn numbers, I'm happy to do so, but only if you're open to it.

Good luck!

:drinker: