Breakfast without... eggs?! :(

Options
dbienz
dbienz Posts: 188 Member
In 2009 I found out I had Celiac. As much as this sucked (feisty Italian right here, love me some pasta) I was finally feeling better once I changed my diet.

Two days ago I found out I'm highly allergic to eggs! Both chicken and duck eggs. Booo. I eat two hard boiled eggs almost every day (which is why I was also feeling sick again every day).

What do you eat for breakfast without wheat/gluten or eggs? And yes, my oats have to be gluten free as well. I want to make sure I get enough protein every morning without being high in fat or getting sick of greek yogurt :wink:

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Qia from Nature's Path has 6 grams protein per serving.
    I love the cranberry/vanilla!
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Meat (beef, pork, chicken, etc.) with grits and cheese
  • dbienz
    Options
    Meat (beef, pork, chicken, etc.) with grits and cheese

That is a solid point. Chicken isn't commonly thought of as a "breakfast meat" but would be great with some potatoes and veggies.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    What about a smoothie? Or fruit and yogurt? Or something like ham and cheese?
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Bacon. That is all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    shrimp and grits/polenta
  • mdt07
    mdt07 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to have dinner for breakfast so I will have chicken, Steak or salmon as my protein. I will also have a protein shake with fruit mixed in. Milk has good amount of protein as well.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just egg whites a lot of times it's the yoke that does the harm like drive up the cholesterol
  • dbienz
    Options
    Have you tried just egg whites a lot of times it's the yoke that does the harm like drive up the cholesterol

I'm allergic to the yolk and the whites :disappointed:
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd try breakfast scrambles with firm tofu cut into cubes, the texture is very much "eggy".
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Breakfast tacos/burritos in corn tortillas? Breakfast sausage (turkey if you must) or maybe bacon, lots of diced onions and peppers, beans or potatoes if you want, cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado...
  • lynnefaires
    lynnefaires Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I am also allergic to eggs, dairy, gluten, etc! I eat mainly an autoimmune paleo diet.. for breakfast I make meat patties out of ground lamb, chicken, turkey or beef or I have bacon with fruits and veggies! Or I will do a smoothie up with coconut milk, berries, avocado etc!

On a side note, I am in school to be a nutritionist and eggs are great for you, cholesterol and all! It is a myth that we should be lowering cholesterol levels in the way that we are. It is sugar/insulin spikes we need to avoid!! Also, it is often the yolk that is less allergenic than the white. Thought I should clear that up!

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Cheesy grits with bacon? Tofu scramble instead of egg scramble? Sausage and beans? Chicken, avocado, and apple salad? You don't have to stick with perfect "breakfast foods," either -- you can have whatever you want, whenever you want.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • dbienz
    Options
    5iii wrote: »
    Fruit.

I want to make sure I'm replacing the protein I was getting from the eggs
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had meatloaf yesterday. Today I had a salad with Chopped Chicken breast.

I very very rarely eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast.
  • dbienz
    Options
    I'd try breakfast scrambles with firm tofu cut into cubes, the texture is very much "eggy".

A lot of my vegan friends love tofu scrambles and I already know I enjoy tofu! Any good recipes you recommend instead of me aimlessly searching online?
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Chiciken sausages. A lot of them are delicious! Maybe with some melon, or sliced tomatoes?