Still see a fat man in the mirror

Options
so my journey begun sometime ago, however only really properly started counting cals etc on january 14th.

To date i have lost 43lbs(3st 1lbs) in roughly 4 months, my current weight now being 15 stone 12lbs(222lbs) down from 18st 13lbs(265lbs) .

Even though people around me say "oh you have lost loads" "dont lose anymore" etc i wont be happy until i reach 13/14 stone range.

I look in the mirror and still see a fat man looking back at me, i hope that once i reach my goal weight, i do not still have the same problem be it mentally and physically

Replies

• mrsjstone01
    mrsjstone01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh 119 and thought I was overweight. Its a mental thing. dysphoria Maybe? Its hard getting used to being health and thin when you've been overweight your entire life
  • laureenrs
    laureenrs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Positive statements abour your new healthy body, dont let that other part get you down. Practice positive talk until its on your heart!
  • chrisjonesy2k
    chrisjonesy2k Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I know i have lost the weight due to having to buy smaller clothing , but that doubt and fear is always there.

I weigh my self everyday just to make sure that i stay on course weigh everything scan everything i guess its the mental obstical that ill have to overcome.

I guess weight loss is not just about the physical weight but also the mental weight as well.
  • mrsjstone01
    mrsjstone01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're right. Its a long difficult journey!