how do you feel about weighing yourself during your menstrual cycle?

Options

Replies

• hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    DON'T
    the scale plots against you with your cycle, so avoid at al costs
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I weigh every day. I spend 15-25% of life menstruating so I don't see a point in pretending that's not "real weight."

Same here! Also: weighing myself every day has shown me that, in my case, my weight doesn't seem to be affected in any predictable way by where I am in my menstrual cycle.

• cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself during my period, but I don't log that weight.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I really try not to weigh then. I tend to go up alot on the scale and I know that I am more prone to overreacting to it during that time because I tend to become a tad irrational (I can admit that ~now~, because it's not that time!). To keep from thinking stupid irrational thoughts like, "All my hard work down the tubes!", "I blew it," "I'll never lose this weight", etc, I just stay off the scale for 7-10 days, til things are back to normal.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I actually use my TOM for weighing on the same day of my cycle -- I fluctuate too much during the month.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    NO... because I know I'll just see the number go up... sometimes up to 10 lbs that week. I'll wait til the week after.

WTH?! Why was I flagged for saying this? Is it my fault this happens to me?! :rage::noway:
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    TOM doesn't seem to affect my loss at all, so yes, I do.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NOPE. Heck my PMS is so bad I probably gain a pound of fat every month before my period anyway. I just weigh myself the week after it's over.

Not sure why this is in the success stories forum though.

• pmk1969
    pmk1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I alway gain 2.2 pounds ..always the same every month. However i feel ok about that because the alternative is 40 pounds gain over 9 months ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself on the same day of the week every week and record it no matter what. I just add a note if I have my period.
    I think it is good to know what is normal for my body. Gaining a pound or two or staying the same weight during my period is normal. The water weight goes away by the next week. I don't see it as anything to get frustrated or emotional over.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like data. So yes.

This :) I think knowing how your body behaves in a variety of situations is good to not get yourself too upset over hard work not resulting in scale changes. At least, it helps me :) Good luck on your journey!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I refuse to weigh myself during this time! lol
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    how do you feel about weighing yourself during your menstrual cycle?

I have to if I want to know how much I weigh now - and I don't want to wait until menopause.

This. Also I weigh my lowest weight the day before my period starts. I gain weight around ovulation but I don't see any point in discounting/ignoring it, it's just what my body usually does.
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered....oh wait.... yes, I weigh during that time of the month, but I try to remember that it's about 3-5 pounds above what it actually is.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I only get two good weigh in weeks a month as I start retaining water/fluids the week before my period and then of course there's the week of! So I just weight in like normal but don't let it freak me out anymore. :s
  • PowerKickChic
    PowerKickChic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You'll gain at least 2-4lbs in water weight so never ever ever believe the scale. I don't weigh in until 2 days after its done.
  • qwertymmii
    qwertymmii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    " How do I feel about weighing myself during menstrual cycle?" Crabby and grumpy.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I usually wait until a couple days have past, and the bloating has started to subside. It still hurts, but not as badly. :)
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I weigh every day. I spend 15-25% of life menstruating so I don't see a point in pretending that's not "real weight."
    word.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Only time I *may* skip on weighing is on days where I have drank like a fish and haven't peed any of it out. Happens maybe 1-3 days a month that I really notice. Otherwise, weigh every morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!