How do you stay consistent?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    kaittea wrote: »
    Well the basics. Icecream, pizza, etc. I understand there are healthy alternatives to these things but when I go off my diet it's usually when I'm out at dinner or my boyfriend really wants something so we get it. I have tried moderation but frankly I have a really hard time with it.

I lost almost 60lbs and I'm successfully maintaining that loss, while eating ice cream, pizza and all the other foods I like :) I usually eat out 2-3 times a week because I love fast food/pizza etc. Heck, this week I've eaten at Arbys, Pizza Hut and more Pizza Hut again tonight lol. And Krispy Creme donuts is in there too ;) While I have more calories to play with now that I'm in maintenance I still ate out while I was in the active weight loss phase. I just had smaller portions/chose different things when I went out etc (and I ALWAYS look at the resturants nutritional info before I go).

If you cut out the things you enjoy eating, it's only going to lead to frustration and failure. Instead, learn how to eat what you like in moderation, keep track of the calories, and then for me I found it best to ADD things. Yes I keep the Pizza Hut, but I've also added things like vegetables, whole grains, beans etc.