Ate 1800 over tdee

Options
what do I do now?? Will I gain weight?

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Maybe. Depends what the rest of your week was like.

I think 1800 is a little over half a pound

Just do better tomorrow.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    One pound = 3500 calories.

You might gain a little, you might not. You might weigh yourself tomorrow and be up 4 pounds, but it won't be from what you ate today.

What you should do is congratulate yourself on being honest about it and then think about what caused you to go over your goal and whether there are ways to avoid that same situation in the future.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    May I ask what TDEE is?
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't worry; we all do this. Hard to say whether you'll actually gain weight, but over the next few days cut back in your daily calorie allowance and put in a few extra minutes working out.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been eating at maintenance for 2 months
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    May I ask what TDEE is?

Total daily energy expenditure. The number of calories you burn in a day.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    MyiahRose wrote: »
    what do I do now?? Will I gain weight?

Don't sweat it. It happens.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just eat a bit less the next few days. I did that yesterday too... Will just take me 4 days at a 400 deficit to make up for it. Not a huge deal at all.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep, you ruined all of the everything for forever. Just kidding.

Real Answer:
    Possibly, if you go over your maintenance calories. But you will get back on the wagon, lose it, and all of the other weight you want to lose. Failing is part of the process, honestly. Just go back to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit. And don't forget to forgive yourself.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think your weekly calorie total is more important than your daily total. Like others have said just eat a bit less over the next few days and you will be fine
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yep, you ruined all of the everything for forever. Just kidding.

Real Answer:
    Possibly, if you go over your maintenance calories. But you will get back on the wagon, lose it, and all of the other weight you want to lose. Failing is part of the process, honestly. Just go back to your regularly scheduled calorie deficit. And don't forget to forgive yourself.

I'm not in a deficit. I've been eating at maintenance
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If your body were to store every one of those calories over your maintenance, it's a gain of a few ounces. That is assuming you ate exactly at maintenance every day before and after ... perfectly logged to include intake and exercise burn ... etc.