Birthday Weekend

Options
Its my birthday weekend and we have lots of things planned! A baseball game, an outdoor art festival with a ton of delicious food, followed by golfing (w/beer of course) and ending with a family bbq. I am only on day 4 of logging and have 100 lbs to lose but social situations have always been my problem. I almost put off starting until next Monday because of what is going on this weekend but its been like that for 15 years.
It is going to be super hard to not only avoid falling off the wagon but also not to blow up said wagon in the process.
Any advice would be awesome!

Replies

• DejikoGo
    DejikoGo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Choose foods wisely. You don't have to eat everything. Maybe have a limit on beer (1-2 max), smaller portion sizes at each of the meals, go for the items that are lower in calories and would be more filling. Such as avoid drinking your calories away. Either way, it's one weekend, move on afterwards without having regret.

But I still recommend you log what you ate to the best of your ability, just as a reminder to what you put in your body. It's nice to reflect and use that to plan better if things don't go as planned this time. Nonetheless, good luck and have a happy birthday. :)
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That has always been my problem too! When I go out to eat with friends or other social events I tend to eat way more than I should. I'm on day 47 and have lost 13 pounds and what I have started doing is if I know I'm going out to a certain place for dinner or a bbq or whatever I plan ahead and pre put in foods into my diary to see which foods I really want fit into my calorie count. Certain foods will be more satisfying and worth their calories to me over others. Get more bang for your buck and play tummy Tetris as I call it. Lol just don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy life while losing weight! It is possible :) good luck
  • bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new but maybe walk the course to get some extra exercise calories?

Good luck and happy birthday!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my birthday about 3 weeks after I started. I attended a performance of Evita, went to the speedway to watch the Sprintcars, ate a delicious meal at a Mexican restaurant (my favourite food) and consumed half a cheesecake.

But it was all within my calorie limits.

In addition to doing all that, I also cycled ... a lot! And my other meals were quite reasonable.

So my suggestion is to include as much exercise as you can. For example, if you're going golfing ... walk rather than ride the cart. When going to the other events, park some distance away and walk there. If you can, grab a family member or two after the BBQ and go for a long walk around the neighbourhood.

And make sensible choices ... smaller portions, more of the veggies, less of the cheese-laden stuff. Things like that.

Happy Birthday!
  • chub_scout
    chub_scout Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys! I am going to do my best!