protein powder shakes are awsome

Options
Just discovered muscle milk protein powder I was feeling a little tired and out of energy being at 1200 cal a day so I added a shake in at 100 calories and feel a lot more energy . anyone know of any protein powder mixes with lower cal that way I could add mayby two in a day or something else that might wake me up a bit more and still be lower in cal thanks

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    They most likely wont be much lower cal, as protein itself has calories....

The new Quest protein has good calorie to protein ratio though :)

https://www.questnutrition.com/powders

roughly 100-120 cals and 21-23g protein. You likely wont find anything else close to that ratio. (84% protein)
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My Whey leanfit is 120 cals and gives me 25mg of protien per scoop
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find the proteins a great recovery meal i use it after gym every time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Any WPI is about the lowest calorie protein you'll get as it's just protein with very little carbs or fat. If you want it lower calorie, use less
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Puritan's Pride sells a Soy protein on line that is 50g of protein for one scoop at 110 calories, no sugar. My weight lifting buddy for me into it when I was looking for a low-cal whey-free option!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Puritan's Pride sells a Soy protein on line that is 50g of protein for one scoop at 110 calories, no sugar. My weight lifting buddy for me into it when I was looking for a low-cal whey-free option!

50g protein. 110 calories.
  • VeronaBose
    VeronaBose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like Garden of Life Raw Protein. It's a Vegan Protein Powder, but it is really good!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Gc79rjM.gif
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options

So you do realize that 1 gram of protein is 4 calories.
    So 50 x 4 = 200 the last time I checked. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hendrix7 wrote: »

Gc79rjM.gif

Lol!