How to divide calories throughout the day?

Options
Hi all! I'm just looking for some advice in regards to how I should split/divide my calories throughout the day. My calorie allowance is 1630. I'm a pretty big snacker so was thinking 3 meals and 3 snacks.

Any insight?

Tia!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Whatever is most comfortable for you. Some people do 1-2 huge meals, some eat six small meals every couple hours.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to do. Frequency doesn't matter.

For me, personally, I usually have anywhere from 2-4 snacks, 3 meals, and dessert in the evening. The amount of snacks and what I have for dessert depends on how many calories I have to spare after logging my main meals.
  • Mitchellcm
    Mitchellcm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was something I should figure out and try and stick to or just take it day by day.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Everyone's situation and hunger is different. I have 2 tiny meals usually and one big with maybe 1 or 2 snacks. Sometimes I have a huge breakfast and don't eat again til dinner. Whatever works for you.
  • magrat0315
    magrat0315 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what will keep you satisfied. I personally have about 400 calories for breakfast, 600 throughout the day (ideally 2 snacks and lunch but my work schedule doesn't always allow that) and around 400 for dinner.

• usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Im on 1500 and i usually go about 350-400 for breakfast and lunch then 2-3 snacks about 100 each and then the rest for dinner (and dessert if im craving something sweet)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Prelog.